CL of the year - 2019

CLMaddie replied on 20/11/2019 09:31

Posted on 20/11/2019 09:31

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday we announced the winners of this years CL of the Year Award, the winners joined Grenville Chamberlain and some of the Club staff in London to recieve their awards.

Our National Winners are Brunette Cottage in Wrexham

2nd Place is Cherry Cottage CL in Dorset

3rd Place went to Marylands in Pembrokeshire

Best Newcomer was awarded to Barn Owl Meadow in Suffolk

Congratulations to all winners and thank you to everyone who nominated this year, an official press release will be published in the next few days (I will provide a link once it is live.)

*** EDIT - press release can be found here

Thanks

Maddie

EmilysDad replied on 26/11/2019 12:46

Posted on 26/11/2019 12:00 by CLMaddie

Hi Jonray57,

Thank you for your message, Brunette Cottage is listed under Wrexham in the Sites Directory and Handbook which I have provided if any members were looking for their sites. 

Thanks

Maddie

Posted on 26/11/2019 12:46

It's been commented on here before that sites can be listed in the site directory miles away from where they actually are.

Wherenext replied on 26/11/2019 16:00

Posted on 26/11/2019 16:00

Despite having a Shropshire postcode it is actually situated in Wales so I can understand it being listed under Wrexham, The nearest connurbation to it is actually Whitchurch so it should be listed under that town. I have no idea how the guide editors choose where to place these Cls in the guide.

Maybe Maddie can find out if she has nothing else to do.winksmile

Extugger replied on 27/11/2019 21:21

Posted on 26/11/2019 16:00 by Wherenext

Despite having a Shropshire postcode it is actually situated in Wales so I can understand it being listed under Wrexham, The nearest connurbation to it is actually Whitchurch so it should be listed under that town. I have no idea how the guide editors choose where to place these Cls in the guide.

Maybe Maddie can find out if she has nothing else to do.winksmile

Posted on 27/11/2019 21:21

It's probably because some archaic system was used when inputting the address. It's possibly the same one used on a social media site, Faceache I think it's called, because that's the only system which lists Whitchurch under Wrexham. Seriously!??? Different county AND a different country!!! It's a bit like West Sussex being in Scotland 😉😀

Wherenext replied on 28/11/2019 13:03

Posted on 26/11/2019 12:46 by EmilysDad

It's been commented on here before that sites can be listed in the site directory miles away from where they actually are.

Posted on 28/11/2019 13:03

I think Ryanair must sponsor the guide.smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook