CL of the year - 2019

CLMaddie replied on 20/11/2019 09:31

Posted on 20/11/2019 09:31

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday we announced the winners of this years CL of the Year Award, the winners joined Grenville Chamberlain and some of the Club staff in London to recieve their awards.

Our National Winners are Brunette Cottage in Wrexham

2nd Place is Cherry Cottage CL in Dorset

3rd Place went to Marylands in Pembrokeshire

Best Newcomer was awarded to Barn Owl Meadow in Suffolk

Congratulations to all winners and thank you to everyone who nominated this year, an official press release will be published in the next few days (I will provide a link once it is live.)

*** EDIT - press release can be found here

Thanks

Maddie

EmilysDad replied on 20/11/2019 12:12

Posted on 20/11/2019 12:12

Congrats but too much gravel on the whole for me to consider using ..... mini me club sites 

ADD46 replied on 20/11/2019 13:00

Posted on 20/11/2019 13:00

Congratulations to all the CL’s nominated across the county and especially to the winner. We can vouch for Maryland’s in Pembrokeshire. We’ve not tried the others........yet. 🙂

mummypig1 replied on 21/11/2019 23:45

Posted on 20/11/2019 12:12 by EmilysDad

Congrats but too much gravel on the whole for me to consider using ..... mini me club sites 

Posted on 21/11/2019 23:45

Thank you from Cherry Cottage CL we are delighted that our guests have enjoyed staying with us and thrilled to receive the 2nd place CL of the year award having only opened in June.

We had an amazing day in London, thank you to the club for organising and congratulations to the other winning CLs, it was lovely to meet you all.

MM - Please take another look at Cherry Cottage CL we have 4  large grass pitches used in rotation and  2 hard standing, so we can stay open all year for our visitors.  Max 5 units at any time.  Having a green site is very important to us, but you do need to be able to access it.   There are more photos on our own website.

https://www.cherrycottagecl.com/

We are definitely not a mini club site, but a peaceful rural CL, with EHU and free WiFi that works! 

EmilysDad replied on 22/11/2019 10:14

Posted on 21/11/2019 23:45 by mummypig1

Thank you from Cherry Cottage CL we are delighted that our guests have enjoyed staying with us and thrilled to receive the 2nd place CL of the year award having only opened in June.

We had an amazing day in London, thank you to the club for organising and congratulations to the other winning CLs, it was lovely to meet you all.

MM - Please take another look at Cherry Cottage CL we have 4  large grass pitches used in rotation and  2 hard standing, so we can stay open all year for our visitors.  Max 5 units at any time.  Having a green site is very important to us, but you do need to be able to access it.   There are more photos on our own website.

https://www.cherrycottagecl.com/

We are definitely not a mini club site, but a peaceful rural CL, with EHU and free WiFi that works! 

Posted on 22/11/2019 10:14

I did say 'on the whole' 😉 My comment was not aimed at any one site in particular, though I think my mini me comment was in part when I saw a red/white club type barrier ..... 

We stayed at a CL earlier this year with a similar set up ie 3 hard standings & 2 very generously sized grass pitches .... large enough to not have to pitch exactly where previous visitors had pitched.

Takethedogalong replied on 22/11/2019 10:24

Posted on 22/11/2019 10:24

Makes a real difference that if you are on a grass pitch, being able to Site caravan slightly different. You can avoid any worn patches then. 

All winners look nice CLs, I think most are quite new as well, so good luck to them.

nelliethehooker replied on 22/11/2019 19:49

Posted on 22/11/2019 19:49

Congratulations to all the winners from me too. Hopefully we'll get to at least visit you MP next year, as we didn't manage it this year, if not the others.

mummypig1 replied on 22/11/2019 23:08

Posted on 22/11/2019 19:49 by nelliethehooker

Congratulations to all the winners from me too. Hopefully we'll get to at least visit you MP next year, as we didn't manage it this year, if not the others.

Posted on 22/11/2019 23:08

Look forward to meeting you next year.

Extugger replied on 23/11/2019 19:18

Posted on 23/11/2019 19:18

Congratulations to all winners, however, I would like to point out that Brunette Cottage is not in Wrexham, it is nearer to Whitchurch, Shropshire and only a few miles from Malpas, in Cheshire! 😀

CLMaddie replied on 26/11/2019 12:00

Posted on 23/11/2019 19:18 by Extugger

Congratulations to all winners, however, I would like to point out that Brunette Cottage is not in Wrexham, it is nearer to Whitchurch, Shropshire and only a few miles from Malpas, in Cheshire! 😀

Posted on 26/11/2019 12:00

Hi Jonray57,

Thank you for your message, Brunette Cottage is listed under Wrexham in the Sites Directory and Handbook which I have provided if any members were looking for their sites. 

Thanks

Maddie

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook