Adult Only on the new web search.

willbee replied on 06/01/2017 13:49

Posted on 06/01/2017 13:49

The new web pages for searching CLs is not stating  that a CL is Adult Only.

There is a tick for Adults under the "ideal for" heading, but is that really clear enough?

I can see problems, members booking in and arriving with children, not having realised the CL is Adult Only due to the lack of actually stating clearly and using the term Adults Only.

What does the CL owner do then? Turn the family away, run the gauntlet of those members who specifically booked because they wanted Adult Only, or risk the issues of safety when there is water, machinery, etc nearby?

peedee replied on 06/01/2017 15:42

Posted on 06/01/2017 15:42

No it is not clear enough. Only yesterday I was caught out by this on phoning a  CL to try and book a pitch with the grandchildren in tow. Fortunately the owner pointed out it was an adult only site perhaps realising the latest incarnation of CL site cards are not clear.enough

peedee

InaD replied on 07/01/2017 08:33

Posted on 07/01/2017 08:33

It's also a problem in that the filters don't work.  I've posted this on another thread as well a week or so ago, but when I looked for a CL in Lancashire, adult only, it returned 49!  From memory, when I searched on the old website, it returned about 6 or 7.  Again, someone new to the website wouldn't realise that, and, coupled with the fact that it is not clearly stated, many could get caught out, giving CL owners a real problem.

harryb replied on 08/01/2017 17:08

Posted on 08/01/2017 17:08

Would the problem raised on this post be better under the topic "Snagging List" > How to Use Club Together.

It certainly needs putting right.

willbee replied on 09/01/2017 15:40

Posted on 07/01/2017 08:33 by InaD

It's also a problem in that the filters don't work.  I've posted this on another thread as well a week or so ago, but when I looked for a CL in Lancashire, adult only, it returned 49!  From memory, when I searched on the old website, it returned about 6 or 7.  Again, someone new to the website wouldn't realise that, and, coupled with the fact that it is not clearly stated, many could get caught out, giving CL owners a real problem.

Posted on 09/01/2017 15:40

I went through the Search for a CL pages, selected Nottingham and ticked the Adult Only filter and the Hook up. It returned 15 CLs of which only 7 were Adult Only. Just out of interest, I tried another search. I removed the Adult Only selection and ticked Children Welcome. It returned the same 15 CLs, 7 of which are the Adult Only I was trying to locate in the first place.

nelliethehooker replied on 09/01/2017 19:27

Posted on 09/01/2017 15:40 by willbee

I went through the Search for a CL pages, selected Nottingham and ticked the Adult Only filter and the Hook up. It returned 15 CLs of which only 7 were Adult Only. Just out of interest, I tried another search. I removed the Adult Only selection and ticked Children Welcome. It returned the same 15 CLs, 7 of which are the Adult Only I was trying to locate in the first place.

Posted on 09/01/2017 19:27

Not very clever is it? At least the old system worked better than this.

JoJo9 replied on 10/01/2017 15:07

Posted on 10/01/2017 15:07

Has anyone from the Caravan Club responded to members who are complaining about the new web site? I would like to book certificated sites for the coming year but not sure I can be bothered with this new system. Why on earth was it changed?

peedee replied on 10/01/2017 15:27

Posted on 10/01/2017 15:27

I'm waiting to see where on the snagging list this problem is. It should be top of the list.

peedee

peedee replied on 13/01/2017 06:31

Posted on 07/01/2017 08:33 by InaD

Posted on 13/01/2017 06:31

I have posted in the snagging list about this. I believe the problem is caused by failure to reset the search before you change the parameters. What is need is a fix so it does not matter if you alter the search parameters or a clear button to reset to the defaults before you start another search.

peedee

InaD replied on 13/01/2017 09:20

Posted on 13/01/2017 09:20

I was under the impression that filters for CLs were being looked at "early January".  This was in a post from a CL owner, who had queried this in December with EG, and was told that.  If I can find the thread I will post it.

Just found the thread: https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/sites-touring/certificated-locations/if-it-is-not-broke/?p=2

It's at the top of page 2, AlanGL7 says he's been told by EG the filtering error will be fixed "early January".

It's now the 13th........

The Ovaltineys replied on 13/01/2017 09:40

Posted on 13/01/2017 09:40

Possibly another case of the Club 'stretching' the periods. 

maybe early January now includes all of January and even February laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook