Testing the electrical hook up point

Si6086 replied on 20/06/2019 20:21

Posted on 20/06/2019 20:21

Woke up late due to a person going around unplugging hook ups to do a test at 07.00 in the morning,  by unplugging the power it switched off my alarm and made us sleep in which messed up our plans for the day, Well done Looe site management (NOT)

Moderator Comment - Moved from Story Section. 

Amesford replied on 21/06/2019 09:50

Posted on 21/06/2019 09:50

i presume this was done early as not to disturb people and which seems to have worked too well, there may have been a fault in the circuit somewhere so glad to hear the staff were "switched on" to such problems and the safety of members.   

DSB replied on 21/06/2019 09:55

Posted on 21/06/2019 09:55

We always use our phone for an alarm too and we always charge overnight, so it's well and truly charged up by the time we're ready to get up.

I do remember many years ago, at a non-Club site, when a group of kids thought it was amusing to go around and unplug everyone's EHU cable.  It did cause some I'll feeling.  I'm surprised that the wardens didn't put a note up about the testing - or perhaps it was in an inconspicuous place?

David

Tinwheeler replied on 21/06/2019 10:02

Posted on 21/06/2019 10:02

It could even have been a blip in the power supply that caused the problem. We get a few of them at home - just a long enough break to set the clocks flashing and then it’s back on. 

dunelm replied on 21/06/2019 11:10

Posted on 21/06/2019 09:45 by JollyKernow

That happens quite a bit John. I'm guessing that was the case hereundecided

Strange thing is, if he was awoken at 7, how did he lay late?foot-in-mouth

JK

Posted on 21/06/2019 11:10

Alternatively, if s/he woke up late how did s/he know what someone was doing at 7 o'clock?

The more one thinks about this post the less credible it becomes!

Takethedogalong replied on 21/06/2019 12:12

Posted on 21/06/2019 12:12

Sounds like a total load of cobblers to me. Apologies for phrasing it honestly and bluntly. Life for some folks is made doubly stressful because their whole lives rely on someone else either doing, or in this case appearing to undo badly laid plans. We have been using alarms on our phones for around15 years, back when they were more like a walkie talkie brick. Never let us down. We also have a small wind up travel clock, folds away into its own leather case. This was a 21st birthday present, so it’s seen a lot of holidays. Time can be seen at night in dark, so we know what time it is if dog wakes us up.🙄

Plugging a clock in, on a campsite, where lots of things could trip the bollard? Bottom of the class for this one if your whole day depends on it. Some folks are just so bad at foreseeing the kind of issues that are not good ideas. Personally, I would love to see “Lessons in Common Sense” and “ Taking Responsibility” as part of National Curriculum.

Apologies for not doing empathy today, it’s my day off.☺️

Cornersteady replied on 21/06/2019 13:26

Posted on 21/06/2019 13:26

just a few points, it is becoming more and more prevalent that mods move things from the story section in the discussion. Why is this? Is it to provoke discussion or perhaps the mod concerned thinks it is a worthy item of interest/discussion to the rest of CT, was it in this case? It appears to be a complaint? Are they all?

Often the OP does not come back on, is this because they do not know it has been moved? Does the mod tell them? if not what is the point of moving it as the OP will not get to know of any replies?

I am not talking about moderation btw, move as many stories as you like .

JollyKernow replied on 21/06/2019 13:41

Posted on 21/06/2019 10:03 by Cornersteady

very well spotted!

Were you a detective in a previous life?

Posted on 21/06/2019 13:41

Mmmmm

Detective Sergeant Jolly Kernow. Sort of got a ring to it! Nah not for me I'm off to cut some grasswink

JK

SteveL replied on 21/06/2019 16:03

Posted on 21/06/2019 11:10 by dunelm

Alternatively, if s/he woke up late how did s/he know what someone was doing at 7 o'clock?

The more one thinks about this post the less credible it becomes!

Posted on 21/06/2019 16:03

If it's like my alarm at home. If the power goes off, the clock starts counting from 12:00. You can therefore calculate what time it came back on at. It doesn't of course tell you how long it was off for.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook