It's a bit unfair

malc116 replied on 20/07/2021 18:11

Posted on 20/07/2021 18:11

I have been a club member for some years now and I am growing more and more frustrated with the ongoing situation of members block booking different sites for the same dates and failing to turn up. I know the club does not charge a booking fee and long may this continue but to block book sites on the same date and then fail to turn up at the site has seen an increase of fully booked sites when in reality they would have spare pitches.  If only members would do the decent thing by cancelling any other bookings made for that date. This is especially evident around bank holidays and Easter. Now that the club is fully open and we all wish to get away from this awful lock down, I wish to ask all members to do the right thing and cancel any unused bookings that they do not need. I am sure that if the club were to start charging a booking (non refundable) fees this situation would end overnight. Thank you in advance.

Moderator Comment - Malc, posts like this should really be posted in the discussion area so I have moved it for you.

moulesy replied on 24/07/2021 10:02

Posted on 24/07/2021 08:01 by Navigateur

Same reason that people who are not members of Caravan Club join this one . . . !

Posted on 24/07/2021 10:02

I think most non members are like us long time former members and I think it's one of the great strengths of Club Together that all those years of experience are allowed to contribute. ๐Ÿ‘

compass362 replied on 24/07/2021 10:33

Posted on 20/07/2021 18:11 by malc116

I have been a club member for some years now and I am growing more and more frustrated with the ongoing situation of members block booking different sites for the same dates and failing to turn up. I know the club does not charge a booking fee and long may this continue but to block book sites on the same date and then fail to turn up at the site has seen an increase of fully booked sites when in reality they would have spare pitches.  If only members would do the decent thing by cancelling any other bookings made for that date. This is especially evident around bank holidays and Easter. Now that the club is fully open and we all wish to get away from this awful lock down, I wish to ask all members to do the right thing and cancel any unused bookings that they do not need. I am sure that if the club were to start charging a booking (non refundable) fees this situation would end overnight. Thank you in advance.

Moderator Comment - Malc, posts like this should really be posted in the discussion area so I have moved it for you.

Posted on 24/07/2021 10:33

I was in the supermarket the other day ๐Ÿค” and someone had taken the last 24 rolls of toilet paper.

It's a bit unfair.... ๐Ÿ˜•

But that's life isn't it ๐Ÿ˜ฎthe early bird gets the worm. ๐Ÿคญ

SeasideBill replied on 24/07/2021 10:56

Posted on 24/07/2021 10:33 by compass362

I was in the supermarket the other day ๐Ÿค” and someone had taken the last 24 rolls of toilet paper.

It's a bit unfair.... ๐Ÿ˜•

But that's life isn't it ๐Ÿ˜ฎthe early bird gets the worm. ๐Ÿคญ

Posted on 24/07/2021 10:56

It’s a dog eat dog world….I preferred it when it was the other way around. 

takethecatalong replied on 29/08/2021 22:34

Posted on 29/08/2021 22:34

I have another issue I tried ivain to bock 7 or 10 consecutive nights at several club sites only to find intermittent days this was never the case several years ago when we were just caravan club   now we are getting out numbered by campervans that only stay2 or 3 nights and making it more and more difficult to get  7 or 10 consecutive nights  I think it is about time we had designated area  campervan only and caravans only with a limited number of pitches for 2 or 3 or 4 night stays if not a 40 year caravanner will leave my beloved club 

InaD replied on 29/08/2021 22:57

Posted on 29/08/2021 22:34 by takethecatalong

I have another issue I tried ivain to bock 7 or 10 consecutive nights at several club sites only to find intermittent days this was never the case several years ago when we were just caravan club   now we are getting out numbered by campervans that only stay2 or 3 nights and making it more and more difficult to get  7 or 10 consecutive nights  I think it is about time we had designated area  campervan only and caravans only with a limited number of pitches for 2 or 3 or 4 night stays if not a 40 year caravanner will leave my beloved club 

Posted on 29/08/2021 22:57

That's a bit of an assumption, isn't it?  We don't have a campervan, but sometimes only book 3 or 4 nights.  Why shouldn't we?  And I don't think for one minute that as caravan owners we are alone in booking 3 or 4 nights.  

Actually, rather than just looking at the main club sites, try looking at CLs; you may be very nicely surprised at how many of them have space, where you may not be able to get onto a club site.  We prefer CLs, they often have much more spacious pitches than club sites, and are also more peaceful and quiet, not to mention a lot cheaper!

BTW, I like your username, we also take our cat with us, and she also much prefers CLs, as there is usually a lot more space for her to have a walk and to be able to sit outside, on her lead, to have a good mooch round "her" personal space.

SteveL replied on 29/08/2021 23:05

Posted on 29/08/2021 23:05

I think it is about time we had designated area campervan only and caravans only with a limited number of pitches for 2 or 3 or 4 night stays

I can perhaps see your logic, whilst not agreeing with it, for limiting the number of pitches for 2, 3 or 4 night stays. However, why separate areas for caravans and MH’s? Currently quite a few MH’s are staying for a week or more, often erecting large awnings just like a caravan. Similarly some caravans only stop a few days

replied on 29/08/2021 23:08

Posted on 29/08/2021 23:08

The user and all related content has been deleted

Tinwheeler replied on 29/08/2021 23:15

Posted on 29/08/2021 23:15

I'll tell you two things I think to be unfair.

1. Blaming one section of the membership for your failure to book a site when there is not one shred of evidence to back it up.
  2. Plagiarising another poster's username in such a way as to cause confusion.

Cornersteady replied on 29/08/2021 23:17

Posted on 29/08/2021 23:17

Well except we all pay the same membership fee and therefore everyone expect equal treatment and access to sites no matter what LV they have.

peedee replied on 30/08/2021 07:42

Posted on 30/08/2021 07:42

There is a precedence, Black Horse Farm has and areas set aside for those using the ferries and tunnel. Dosen't Rookesbury Park have a similar area? It is common on the continent to have a smaller area set aside, not exclusively, but more usually for motorhomes. I guess that is for similar reasons to what the OP describes?

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook