Towbar fitting, alko 1300

Sharktale replied on 27/05/2021 17:36

Posted on 27/05/2021 17:36

Hi all, I'm just getting sorted with my towbar. I've been looking through and I see it says about the towbar with alko stabilisers. I have an alko 1300 stabiliser on my caravan so do I need to ask for a specific towbar? Some places ask and some don't so I'm a little confused. 

Many thanks

Sharktale replied on 27/05/2021 18:14

Posted on 27/05/2021 18:14

Thats how i became confused, I looked on Googleembarassed. Years ago we used to have a pennine pullman normal hitch. The company that delivered my caravan, pick up and drop off caravans all the time so will have some with stabilisers some not.

I was hoping to get a fixed flange but have no idea now.

Thanks

geoffeales replied on 28/05/2021 15:01

Posted on 28/05/2021 15:01

I'd guess something like 85% of vans are fitted with Alko stabilizers so most hooks will give sufficient clearance, if not, a simple spacer and a couple of longer bolts will do the trick for flange type tow-bars. Having just researched this I'd recommend a swan-neck which will almost certainly give the clearance you need and is far less likely to interfere with your reversing sensors. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook