Best Gadget

AGOG replied on 27/02/2022 13:26

Posted on 27/02/2022 13:26

Hi, I don't know about you but when I'm in caravanning mode I love wondering around caravan dealers and eyeing up all the gadgets, I'm definitely a bit of a sucker for them and I don't suppose I'm alone. So I wondered - what is your best gadget and why? Mine is the Kampa Easy Awning Pulley which lets me put up my heavy air awning on my own, very hard if not impossible without.  I'm hoping some suggestions and reasons will lead me to a next sensible? purchase.

replied on 27/02/2022 13:56

Posted on 27/02/2022 13:56

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

JVB66 replied on 27/02/2022 14:19

Posted on 27/02/2022 14:19

Before you buy to many gadgets and end up with a room full of that was a good idea? 

Think do I really need it🤔

eribaMotters replied on 27/02/2022 16:39

Posted on 27/02/2022 16:39

Firstly for us it has to be a Remoska as we do not have a caravan oven or grill. With a 2 amp load it can be used anywhere and ours sees service when away most days. We are so impressed ours is used weekly on the house. Good 2nd hand buys can be found on Gumtree. 

A Bialetti Moka  is a must and one lives in the van.

Similar to Deleted User User, we carry a single plate induction hob to save on gas and cook outdoors. If you buy one then just make sure you get one where the start-up setting is low in case your amperage to van is on the low side. We went with a Tefal that we also use at home. IKEA do some at a great price, but I'm unsure about the start-up load.

Colin

JollyKernow replied on 27/02/2022 16:49

Posted on 27/02/2022 16:49

Hi There

I’ll agree with AD above except I have a single induction hob. Fine if you’re on full electric hookup. Another for me is a couple of bedrolls from Duvalay I think they’re called Raskelf? Good customer service from them as well. 

Another good van gadget is a mifi router. I have one in my rv with an external antennae with dual SIM card slots. Always get fast internet. 

Remember all that stuff adds to the pay load.

JK

replied on 28/02/2022 08:24

Posted on 28/02/2022 08:24

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 28/02/2022 08:58

Posted on 28/02/2022 08:58

Small back up gas burner for cooking, add to that the ridgemonkey & it needs a super small space yet covers all needs. As gadgets go they are excellent timesavers too👍🏻-

allanandjean replied on 28/02/2022 09:00

Posted on 28/02/2022 09:00

Hi, So far as van specific items go, and stretching the term “gadget” somewhat, an I-Boost Wi-Fi, filter coffee machine, electric pan, Aquaroll, 3 way fridge (beer, for the use of), flexible & rigid pipe for  waste water.

The biggest, and most used, apart from the I-Boost, is the Cadac BBQ. This lives at home and using it there and in the van means we get good value for the price.

Again, whilst not a gadget, our van stored Crespo chairs are superb being light and very comfortable.

Our van is in storage so the heavier stuff, awning flooring, BBQ, fridge etc lives at home and travels in the car.

JohnM20 replied on 28/02/2022 09:25

Posted on 28/02/2022 09:25

I think our best gadget has been the induction hob. Far easier and quicker to cook steaks etc outside than firing up a BBQ and it takes up less space / weight.

How about also putting on here the worst gadget you have ever bought. Not so much because it turns out to be very poor quality but more a case of "why on earth did I buy this? I've never used it since I bought it".

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook