Boxer 2.2 HDi 130 service interval

GordonMorrison replied on 12/10/2017 15:24

Posted on 12/10/2017 15:24

Hi all

No guidance whatever apparent in the manual! It is a 12 month old van now with 5000 miles up. The stamps are there in the book but no guidance on whether its 2 yearly or every 20000 miles or what!

Anyone know ?

regards

Gordon

Tinwheeler replied on 12/10/2017 15:54

Posted on 12/10/2017 15:54

There's nothing in our service book either, GM. I know what we were told by the MH dealer but intend to check with a Pug garage. Ours is a different engine and later model so possibly not the same service intervals as yours. I'd suggest you contact a garage as well.

cyberyacht replied on 12/10/2017 16:05

Posted on 12/10/2017 16:05

I'm still trying to get hold of the Peugeot cab handbook for my MH although I have been informed that it is a 20000 service interval for mine, a 2016 Marquis Majestic 125. Since a lot of MH's only seem to do around 5-6000 a year, that could mean a service to co-incide with the first MOT. wink. Don't intend to leave mine that long irrespective of the mileage.

Tinwheeler replied on 12/10/2017 16:09

Posted on 12/10/2017 16:05 by cyberyacht

I'm still trying to get hold of the Peugeot cab handbook for my MH although I have been informed that it is a 20000 service interval for mine, a 2016 Marquis Majestic 125. Since a lot of MH's only seem to do around 5-6000 a year, that could mean a service to co-incide with the first MOT. wink. Don't intend to leave mine that long irrespective of the mileage.

Posted on 12/10/2017 16:09

I'm sure there will be a time element as well, CY. Lubricants can deteriorate over time and I suspect two years will be the max even if mileage is low. Service intervals can also be governed by the type of use the vehicle has as well as mileage/time.

DavidKlyne replied on 12/10/2017 16:32

Posted on 12/10/2017 16:32

I have a Bailey motorhome with the same engine and my Peugeot service book clearly states that if the vehicle covers under 6000 miles a year it needs an oil change service annually. If more than 6000 miles is covered in a year I am pretty sure that it's every two years up to 29000 miles. Haven't got my book to hand to check as it's in the motorhome at the dealers.

David

Randomcamper replied on 12/10/2017 18:52

Posted on 12/10/2017 18:52

You are correct David.

Personally if I had spent tens of thousands of pounds on a van ( I did) I would change the oil and filter annually, at least, regardless of mileage, (and do).

I appreciate, from reading this and other forums that some will say oil has advanced blah blah, but it seems like false economy to me.....

dougA replied on 12/10/2017 19:40

Posted on 12/10/2017 19:40

Hi, I have a 2017, 2.0 Euro 6 and service book shows 2 years or 30000 miles whichever is reached first. This was also confirmed by my Peugeot dealer.

hitchglitch replied on 12/10/2017 20:05

Posted on 12/10/2017 20:05

We have a 18 month old Peugeot based vehicle and the first service is due after two years but agree this is not stated anywhere in the paperwork. I am also not clear about whether the base vehicle warranty is the same as Autosleeper three years or just the Peugeot warranty of one year. Check with your dealer.

Randomcamper replied on 12/10/2017 20:06

Posted on 12/10/2017 20:06

This sort of question crops up regularly and has done for years....

Extended service intervals are obviously popular with accountants and non technical people, engineers often prefer a regular oil change. I think it also tends to be a european phenomenon (to be tight..wink)

A few years ago I looked at a range of vehicles that were on sale in the UK and other parts of the world and that appeared to have the same engine or at least not an obviously different quality of manufacture.

I found that service intervals were often/usually more frequent overseas than in the UK.  

Obviously some people will put that down to much harsher operating environments abroad. Or you may think that outside of the "tight" accountant led european market manufacturers don't actually believe in their own extended service requirements, after all, the engine only needs to last 3 years as far as they are concerned.....

Not a very exhaustive search this time I know, but here is an Australian Ducato with an annual oil change requirement, it looks the same Ducato to me that according to Fiat needs an oil change every 2 years in the UK!

https://www.fiat.com.au/ducato

Or a New Zealand Ducato...

http://www.fiat.co.nz/ducato

I guess it depends on your attitude to preventative maintenance....

I know what mine is......innocent

Fisherman replied on 12/10/2017 20:22

Posted on 12/10/2017 20:22

My local garage recommend a service and oil change every 2 years.( we do 6000 miles Pa.) As it requires an MOT they say they would pick up any item that needs investigating at the interim tests.

hitchglitch replied on 22/10/2017 10:38

Posted on 22/10/2017 10:38

After investigating I discovered that you need to go onto the Peugeot main website and under “myPeugeot” you can identify your vehicle and it will tell you exactly what service intervals are required and also the service status of your vehicle. It’s well worth doing and quite a user friendly website. You won’t need the VIN number, just the registration.

So, the first service is due after two years then, I think,  annually (forgot to check). The Warranty is two years PLUS one extra year for purchasing through a UK dealer which I am sure also applies to a Motorhome built in the UK with an imported base vehicle. The warranty details are in the Peugeot service booklet where you get the service stamps, not on the website.

The problem I am having is that not many Peugeot dealers will service the Motorhome. Unless they have a large workshop it has to be done outside which they don’t like too much. Strange, because there must be a lot of Peugeot Boxers around that need work done although the Motorhome is bigger than a Boxer.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook