Boxer 2.2 HDi 130 service interval

GordonMorrison replied on 12/10/2017 15:24

Posted on 12/10/2017 15:24

Hi all

No guidance whatever apparent in the manual! It is a 12 month old van now with 5000 miles up. The stamps are there in the book but no guidance on whether its 2 yearly or every 20000 miles or what!

Anyone know ?

regards

Gordon

Tinwheeler replied on 22/10/2017 13:27

Posted on 22/10/2017 10:38 by hitchglitch

After investigating I discovered that you need to go onto the Peugeot main website and under “myPeugeot” you can identify your vehicle and it will tell you exactly what service intervals are required and also the service status of your vehicle. It’s well worth doing and quite a user friendly website. You won’t need the VIN number, just the registration.

So, the first service is due after two years then, I think,  annually (forgot to check). The Warranty is two years PLUS one extra year for purchasing through a UK dealer which I am sure also applies to a Motorhome built in the UK with an imported base vehicle. The warranty details are in the Peugeot service booklet where you get the service stamps, not on the website.

The problem I am having is that not many Peugeot dealers will service the Motorhome. Unless they have a large workshop it has to be done outside which they don’t like too much. Strange, because there must be a lot of Peugeot Boxers around that need work done although the Motorhome is bigger than a Boxer.

Posted on 22/10/2017 13:27

Thanks for that info on servicing, HG.

I agree with your statement re the warranty period and have read exactly that myself.

In my experience, garages often don't like MHs because either the extra headroom needed to lift them on the ramps is a problem, or if they have the Alko chassis this makes the rear track too wide for the ramps.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook