Benimar Mileo 282

admiral halsey replied on 15/05/2021 20:35

Posted on 15/05/2021 20:35

Just bought one of these. Not got her home yet. The dealer says the booklet is generic, so was unable to provide some specifics. I appreciate that may be the same here.

Can anyone tell me about the sat nav in these van? It's a touch screen multi-media affair (Nav/Radio/camera). I'm wondering if this will negate the need for my motorhome specific Garmin camper 770, which is obviously loaded with Aires, CL's etc. Do I need a subscription with it?

Thanks for looking.

AH

DavidKlyne replied on 16/05/2021 14:02

Posted on 16/05/2021 10:30 by admiral halsey

Tinwheeler:

What size TV fits in her please?

Do the U.K. models have the anti-freeze heater on the waste?

Does the Solar panel feed the engine battery?

Can you fit/do you need two leisure batteries?

Does she have an electric step?

What is the Gas bottle storage capacity?

Sorry for so many questions. We've agreed to buy on Friday and had a good look around her. Unfortunately, she's in Sussex and we're in Essex, so the next time I see her will probably be on handover.

The salesman was very competent, but I don't think he'd seen this particular MH before.

AH

Posted on 16/05/2021 14:02

Here are details of the original specification https://www.benimar.es/en/coleccion/mileo/mileo-282/#1448457890456-6448d82c-067efb20-c6141485784008966fb6e-15eeaf15-b1d174f2-4f7d Marquis import Benimar motorhomes into the UK so it is possible there may be changes to suit the UK market.

David

young thomas replied on 16/05/2021 18:37

Posted on 16/05/2021 10:48 by Tinwheeler

I'm sorry, AH, but I can't answer your questions as I have no knowledge of the Benimar.

Our base vehicles are basically the same but my conversion is by Auto Sleeper of a panel van while the items you list are particular to the Benimar conversion. Maybe someone else here is familiar with the Benimar, or I would think you'd find answers to most of your questions online.

Posted on 16/05/2021 18:37

TW, a common link might be Marquis, as they determine the 'UK spec' that comes fitted to Benimars (i think they are the sole uk importers?).

as they also determine (with AS) what spec is 'best' for their AS vans, you'd think there might be some commonality. there may also be some customer based tweaks of the cab spec..

eg...my own Ducato based MH has a swathe of cab options, several refer to the satnav, screen size and the software included (specific MH or just the basic car system etc...)

Tinwheeler replied on 16/05/2021 19:03

Posted on 16/05/2021 18:37 by young thomas

TW, a common link might be Marquis, as they determine the 'UK spec' that comes fitted to Benimars (i think they are the sole uk importers?).

as they also determine (with AS) what spec is 'best' for their AS vans, you'd think there might be some commonality. there may also be some customer based tweaks of the cab spec..

eg...my own Ducato based MH has a swathe of cab options, several refer to the satnav, screen size and the software included (specific MH or just the basic car system etc...)

Posted on 16/05/2021 19:03

I'm not sure the commonality suggestion necessarily follows, BB, even though the two brands share the same parent company. For that reason, I’m reluctant to guess at the spec of the Benimar. I'm sure the OP will be able to establish the answers to all his queries in due course from someone who knows…..or even from Marquis😗

Kasspa replied on 16/05/2021 21:28

Posted on 15/05/2021 20:35 by admiral halsey

Just bought one of these. Not got her home yet. The dealer says the booklet is generic, so was unable to provide some specifics. I appreciate that may be the same here.

Can anyone tell me about the sat nav in these van? It's a touch screen multi-media affair (Nav/Radio/camera). I'm wondering if this will negate the need for my motorhome specific Garmin camper 770, which is obviously loaded with Aires, CL's etc. Do I need a subscription with it?

Thanks for looking.

AH

Posted on 16/05/2021 21:28

Hi AH,

I have a Benimar Mileo 243, sat nav is a very small 5" Tom Tom, bases journeys on a car....

However, rear camera on the screen is spot on for gauging reversing

I've just ordered a MH specific one to hopefully be more useful....

We have a 24" tv (max)

Solar panel charges both batteries after prioritising leisure & 1 appears sufficient although there is space under driver seat for 2nd....

No electric step, gas bottles 2 x 6Kg

Waste is insulated I think, there is a heater element switch for fresh water behind drivers seat, on ours it is located under a fold up side seat that allows 2 x passengers

Marquis Leisure are the sole agents for Benimar in the UK..... our salesman was also great but their aftersales CS has been very disappointing..... companies can't keep using COVID as an excuse!

Hope this helps.

Tinwheeler replied on 16/05/2021 21:36

Posted on 16/05/2021 21:36

Salesmen are usually great until they've got your money. I will never again deal with that company.

Kasspa replied on 17/05/2021 21:58

Posted on 16/05/2021 21:36 by Tinwheeler

Salesmen are usually great until they've got your money. I will never again deal with that company.

Posted on 17/05/2021 21:58

I dont think they are unique in that TW.... can be said for most industries....

It's a shame, despite being happy with our Benimar, it's the little things that spoil the whole experience.....

However, I will be looking at every alternative for servicing so they dont get another £ out of me...

Tinwheeler replied on 17/05/2021 22:06

Posted on 17/05/2021 21:58 by Kasspa

I dont think they are unique in that TW.... can be said for most industries....

It's a shame, despite being happy with our Benimar, it's the little things that spoil the whole experience.....

However, I will be looking at every alternative for servicing so they dont get another £ out of me...

Posted on 17/05/2021 22:06

They’re not unique by any means but they excel in their lack of both care and professionalism.

Kasspa replied on 17/05/2021 22:21

Posted on 17/05/2021 22:06 by Tinwheeler

They’re not unique by any means but they excel in their lack of both care and professionalism.

Posted on 17/05/2021 22:21

Totally agree with that TW

JVB66 replied on 18/05/2021 08:48

Posted on 16/05/2021 21:36 by Tinwheeler

Posted on 18/05/2021 08:48

Problems with the Marquis group are going back many years their salesmen could well be on "bonuses" when they make a sale,,we bought our Autocruise from them and  according to the sales pitch , they were far in advance ,of other companies with their after sales, in reality it was even then, the opposite 

Once the sale was made, you are on your own if any problems raised, the Good service we received. was from Autocruise themselves, , their sales director even then (2004) was well aware of how Marquis were very poor with aftersales but as he said," they buy a lot of our vehicles"

In the time we had our M/C from them ,we always took it to their factory for work and servicing ,

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook