3rd bed Elddis Accordo 135

lancashirelass48 replied on 30/05/2021 15:05

Posted on 30/05/2021 15:05

Hi. Some friends are selling an Elddis Accordo 135 3 berth motor home. However the third bed looks very small and am worried my 6 year old granddaughter will fall out. Has anyone had any experience with this? 
lancashirelass48 

Takethedogalong replied on 02/06/2021 14:22

Posted on 02/06/2021 14:22

Is it the one with the fold out bed that fits across the front seats and the passenger seat?

young thomas replied on 02/06/2021 17:37

Posted on 02/06/2021 17:37

looking at the layout ( rear lounge becomes a double) its the front half dinette that becomes the third berth...

it looks like the seat squab slides or flips forward with the backrest dropping in behind, then by swivelling the passenger cab seat, you will extend the sleeping space..

any 135 owners confirm this...or not? cant see any dimensions for the third bed on the website.

Takethedogalong replied on 02/06/2021 20:14

Posted on 02/06/2021 20:14

Not on the websites I have seen BB. Some 135 models have a peculiar folding table, without legs, that fits across the swivelled seats, and onto the dinette at an angle. If it is this model, I can understand the OP’s apprehension about a six year old using it. I will try and find a photo, as I have never seen an extra bed like this one before.

Takethedogalong replied on 02/06/2021 20:28

Posted on 02/06/2021 20:28

Here you go, video showing bed. Quite a drop off one side. If it was me, I would be looking at modifying dinette to make a small bed, perhaps carrying a small purpose made table to extend dinette into corridor, but depends on size of child really.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzvTxEEJd_c

young thomas replied on 03/06/2021 08:53

Posted on 03/06/2021 08:53

that looks like a homemade job, the next video on youtube shows a similar arrangement but with the 'bridge' made from plywood slats, not the metal frame.

even with the metal frame, it should be possible to mount it square into the backrest of dinette, extending (again square) onto the squab of the swivelled drivers seat.

certainly looks like a pretty cheap afterthought, perhaps originally there were no plans to have an extra bed..

my SIL made a bed for his (then) young daughter in their PVC which was not dissimilar to the metal framed effort except that it was made with a folding ply frame, lay across the van with the cab seats in position and it was cut to a template that followed the contours of the Fiat dasboard, leaving no gaps at all for any potential problems....he even had the shaped mattress mounted onto the frame and this folded with the frame for storage. very innovative.

brue replied on 03/06/2021 09:30

Posted on 02/06/2021 17:37 by young thomas

looking at the layout ( rear lounge becomes a double) its the front half dinette that becomes the third berth...

it looks like the seat squab slides or flips forward with the backrest dropping in behind, then by swivelling the passenger cab seat, you will extend the sleeping space..

any 135 owners confirm this...or not? cant see any dimensions for the third bed on the website.

Posted on 03/06/2021 09:30

I had a look too, a strange set up, not particularly a good one either. Some sort of mattress overlay needed to cover the lumps and bumps. I'm sure a child could manage to use it safely but it doesn't look fit for purpose for an adult using it as a bed.

young thomas replied on 03/06/2021 11:07

Posted on 03/06/2021 11:07

in a primarily two berth van, a supplier has to decide what level of production investment to make in providing an 'occasional' 3rd berth.

some go full tilt and install a drop down roof bed (single or double) as a customer option, some are at the other end of the scale....price certainly has a bearing.

the product Cabbunk is a cheap effective way of adding a single child berth across the cab area. effectively its a 'hammock' slung on 4 mountings which can take a child....there is even a double version...

brue replied on 03/06/2021 12:30

Posted on 03/06/2021 12:30

Just in case the person doing the demo hadn't got a clue what they were doing I feel we might be watching a duff video! Usually the seat back slides down and flattens out with the seat itself, you also have to remove the table first. This usually makes up into a decent single bed even if the front seat is needed.wink

young thomas replied on 03/06/2021 12:34

Posted on 03/06/2021 12:34

Brue, that was my 'homemade' observation and my earlier description was along the lines of what you describe....flatten dinette, feet on swivelled cab seat.

assuming this might not have been designed in by the converter (pute two berth) the Cabbunk think actually seems a decent product.

brue replied on 03/06/2021 12:38

Posted on 03/06/2021 12:38

Yes, we've considered one for our youngest grandson...but as he's now up in the NE holidays with Gran and Grandpa have diminished. They are a good idea. smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook