The Club Website

RowenaBCAMC replied on 19/06/2024 15:02

Posted on 19/06/2024 15:02

We’re excited to announce some significant improvements to our website. These are designed to make visiting and using the website a more enjoyable and productive experience.

Firstly, we’re increasing the size of the fonts we use, so the text is easier to read. Secondly, we’re introducing a new structure for the content on the pages, using better headings, so you can find what you’re looking for quickly.

Everyone is welcome in our club, and we think these changes will make our website a much more welcoming place too!

Tinwheeler replied on 19/06/2024 15:32

Posted on 19/06/2024 15:32

Sorry, Ro, but look at the size of the text I’m typing in the Reply box….

In my opinion, the headings are now too big and bold and, while the text of posts is easier to read, there is far less on the screen and the reply text rather makes a mockery of making things easier to read.

DavidKlyne replied on 19/06/2024 15:59

Posted on 19/06/2024 15:59

I am probably different to many as I use a large 24 inch monitor attached to a PC. So the new headings are fine and clear. However puzzled by the need to have a forward slash after each main heading? Whilst the typing font size is not too bad on my screen I tend to agree with TW that it is too small and probably needs to be upped by a couple of points. Not quite sure why you type in one font size but it appears once posted in a more reasonable size.

David

peedee replied on 19/06/2024 16:22

Posted on 19/06/2024 16:22

I agree with David. My eyesight is not the best and I am really struggling with the size of the text within replies on my 22 inch screen. It twould be nice to have it the same size as posted messages.

Not tried it on my tablet yet.

peedee

Tinwheeler replied on 19/06/2024 16:26

Posted on 19/06/2024 15:59 by DavidKlyne

I am probably different to many as I use a large 24 inch monitor attached to a PC. So the new headings are fine and clear. However puzzled by the need to have a forward slash after each main heading? Whilst the typing font size is not too bad on my screen I tend to agree with TW that it is too small and probably needs to be upped by a couple of points. Not quite sure why you type in one font size but it appears once posted in a more reasonable size.

David

Posted on 19/06/2024 16:26

There’s no forward slash showing on my iPad, David. Another inconsistency?

Correction. Yes, the forward slashes are there on the front page. I was looking at Latest Activity. 

SteveL replied on 19/06/2024 16:56

Posted on 19/06/2024 16:56

I wondered what folk were on about, as until I cleared my cache nothing had changed. I am sure I will get used to the heading and posted fonts but the reply box font is ridiculously small on my ipad. Strangely it is slightly larger on my iPhone but still smaller than before.

Hja replied on 19/06/2024 17:09

Posted on 19/06/2024 17:09

is that why i had so much of a problem with my I pad whilst looking at CT this morning. Enormous headings, totally disproportionate to the screen size. Uncomfortable to use. I spent some time trying to adjust settings, to no avail. Now I know why.

Absolutely fine on my PC, just as usual. 

Rufs replied on 19/06/2024 17:23

Posted on 19/06/2024 17:23

But surely if you introduce a new format, layout, call it what you want, it has to work consistantly across all devices that may be used to access the web site, this ranges from iphones, android phones, windows 10 with firefox on an HP laptop etc, clearly the IT department does not do any form of checks and balances to ensure that new versions of software are compatible across all platforms, seriously considering stopping using CT occasionally i pick up a good tip or some good information but nothing i could not find on Google ,and as i seldom use CAMC sites i may i suppose pack in being a member. 

"Everyone is welcome in our club, and we think these changes will make our website a much more welcoming place too!"

personally i find this sentence laughable, all that has been achieved is to make the web site more of a nightmare, who wants to work on a site that has at least 2 different font sizes when using an online forum

Freddy55 replied on 19/06/2024 18:27

Posted on 19/06/2024 18:27

I think if it helps others read, I’m all for it. Regarding the font size in the reply box, I suspect it’s the same size as it always was. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook