Trustpilot reviews

Watendlath replied on 07/03/2019 18:03

Posted on 07/03/2019 18:03

I received an email from CAMC asking me to fill in a Trustpilot review as follows... 

Your feedback is hugely important to us and helps us to shape your Club around the things that matter most to you.  

We’d love it if you could let us know on Trustpilot how your Club experience has been, so we can make changes and improvements and keep doing the good things well. 

So I did, giving three stars (out of five) and saying “Expensive club sites” and nothing else.

However, the following quickly appeared from Trustpilot...

To make sure the reviews on our platform are of high quality and useful to everyone, we run random automated checks of review patterns. Our software flags reviews consisting of promotional references, marketing material, and / or repeated postings.

Your review of www.caravanclub.co.uk has been flagged by our automated software. This means we’ve removed it from our platform.

I believe my review was a valid and acceptable opinion and as such should be allowed, even if it is critical of how this aspect of the club is run. So, does this mean that CAMC have instructed Trustpilot not to accept critical reviews? If (as I hope) not, why was a mildly critical review refused?

Wherenext replied on 07/03/2019 19:39

Posted on 07/03/2019 19:39

Be interesting to see if you ever get a response. Presumably you also posted a review of the site on the clubs own site review page.

Takethedogalong replied on 07/03/2019 20:34

Posted on 07/03/2019 20:34

There are a good few critical responses, I wonder if you have done a review not so long ago and it’s come up as a repeat? Didn’t know Club we’re using this review site.

DavidKlyne replied on 07/03/2019 21:52

Posted on 07/03/2019 21:52

I am surprised the Club is suggesting that anyone writes a review on Trustpilot, or any other such review site. There is ample opportunity to right reviews on this website. It will be interesting to see what the Club say.

David

GodivaNige replied on 07/03/2019 22:56

Posted on 07/03/2019 21:52 by DavidKlyne

I am surprised the Club is suggesting that anyone writes a review on Trustpilot, or any other such review site. There is ample opportunity to right reviews on this website. It will be interesting to see what the Club say.

David

Posted on 07/03/2019 22:56

Can you write or read generic reviews about the Club on this website, or, are the reviews only prevelant to individual sites? Reviews, especially glowing reviews, submitted to external platforms will reach a wider audience of current non members in the hope it will attract more to join.

Watendlath replied on 08/03/2019 08:49

Posted on 08/03/2019 08:49

Sorry I didn't make it clear in the OP but the review asked for by the CAMC/Trustpilot was about my club experience as a whole - not any specific site otherwise I would have reviewed that site alone. 

As it happens, I have only used one club site (twice) in the last three years and keep my membership for the CL network amongst other reasons.

SteveL replied on 08/03/2019 09:07

Posted on 08/03/2019 09:07

I also received the email yesterday and was somewhat surprised at why they wanted members experiences via trust pilot. As Watendlath says they were after general experiences, not for a particular site. I have copied the relevant section of the email below.

Your feedback is hugely important to us and helps us to shape your Club around the things that matter most to you.

We’d love it if you could let us know on Trustpilot how your Club experience has been, so we can make changes and improvements and keep doing the good things well.

In case you’re not already familiar with Trustpilot, it is a consumer review website, open to everyone.

Watendlath replied on 08/03/2019 09:15

Posted on 07/03/2019 20:34 by Takethedogalong

There are a good few critical responses, I wonder if you have done a review not so long ago and it’s come up as a repeat? Didn’t know Club we’re using this review site.

Posted on 08/03/2019 09:15

First time I have ever posted on Trustpilot so no excuse as a repeated review 

crown green bowler replied on 08/03/2019 09:28

Posted on 08/03/2019 09:28

Surely to use Trustpilot or any other outside firm must put more expence on anything that the club does,   I understand that certain things have to be carried out by outside contractors like tree felling and electrical and plumbing jobs,  but l would have thought that there was enough brains at East Grinstead to complete this themselves? 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook