resigned/resignation

dave the rave replied on 26/02/2017 19:13

Posted on 26/02/2017 19:13

in view of the number of complaints about the high handed way that the "re-branding" of our club has been handled would it be in order to suggest that senior club officers be offered "early retirement".

Fisherman replied on 26/02/2017 19:42

Posted on 26/02/2017 19:42

The committee or whatever it is called is a club within a club. Did you notice at the AGM, they either nominated or seconded  one another. The same old f..... will continue as previous regardless f members opinions.

sparky100 replied on 26/02/2017 22:25

Posted on 26/02/2017 22:25

Is it rigth that some of the members of the bord are thinking  about jacking it in 

Walmsleys replied on 27/02/2017 17:41

Posted on 27/02/2017 17:41

I'm amazed that the Club even bother to try and please the membership and drive the Club forward.

What problem do you all have with the re-branding? It's more inclusive and designed to represent the changing face of our hobby.

I'm a member of quite a few Clubs and Forums but this one takes the biscuit for negativity. After last year's furore about the COTY competition on TV I thought this year would be more positive.

If you all have such a lot of complaints about the Club's senior officers then why don't you stand for election yourselves?

Tinwheeler replied on 27/02/2017 18:03

Posted on 27/02/2017 17:41 by Walmsleys

I'm amazed that the Club even bother to try and please the membership and drive the Club forward.

What problem do you all have with the re-branding? It's more inclusive and designed to represent the changing face of our hobby.

I'm a member of quite a few Clubs and Forums but this one takes the biscuit for negativity. After last year's furore about the COTY competition on TV I thought this year would be more positive.

If you all have such a lot of complaints about the Club's senior officers then why don't you stand for election yourselves?

Posted on 27/02/2017 18:03

Walmsleys, the change of name and logo has obviously caused trauma in many quarters. People are having to lie down in darkened rooms and their lives have been deeply affected and will never be the same again. Perhaps we should show some compassion for these poor souls who are now but shells of their former selves.tongue-outlaughing

replied on 27/02/2017 18:10

Posted on 27/02/2017 18:10

I do not think that the name change has caused trauma. Nor the new logo of itself even though I think it poor and the explanation of it none existent. I was going to say contrived but as there is no explanation that I can understand I will stick with 'poor'.

What some folk, including me, are less happy about it is the ongoing lack of information or engagement with the membership. If you are happy TinWheel I am happy for you. Me; I am always happy and in this instance it is in spite of the club.

mickysf replied on 27/02/2017 18:12

Posted on 27/02/2017 18:12

I like this innovation!

I wonder if there was as much fuss made when Newton Heath LYR Football Club changed their name?

replied on 27/02/2017 18:13

Posted on 27/02/2017 18:13

What innovation? The name change, the logo or is there something else less apparent Micky

JVB66 replied on 27/02/2017 18:18

Posted on 27/02/2017 18:18

The "re branding" of a 110 yr old institution and brand for an ego trip by a few, into a "new company" and brand that will be for years to come an unknown entitity in the leisure industry by any one looking to become part of "club" that is new in the market in 2017,that by the name is only for Trailer caravans and Motor caravans that was covered by the original name Caravan Club

Tinwheeler replied on 27/02/2017 18:51

Posted on 27/02/2017 18:10 by

I do not think that the name change has caused trauma. Nor the new logo of itself even though I think it poor and the explanation of it none existent. I was going to say contrived but as there is no explanation that I can understand I will stick with 'poor'.

What some folk, including me, are less happy about it is the ongoing lack of information or engagement with the membership. If you are happy TinWheel I am happy for you. Me; I am always happy and in this instance it is in spite of the club.

Posted on 27/02/2017 18:51

I didn't actually say I'm happy, Easy. As for trauma and the rest, I think you need to look at the smileys and perhaps, dare I say, put things in perspective.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook