Membership Fee Increase

Bakers2 replied on 27/11/2017 12:08

Posted on 27/11/2017 12:08

The club magazine arrived today. So far I've had a quite flick through 😉. Tucked in there is notice of an increase in membership fees from £49 to £51 on 15 December 2017. If you want to add family members (is that children?) another £8 no increase for 4th year running. 

Have just rejoined the friendly club, with paper magazines and site book £44 - less £38 for digital. 

That's quite a big difference between the 2 clubs 😲. I suppose the cost of name change and subsequent signs etc has to be recouped through membership fees as well as pitch increases?

We will continue to belong while CL use suits us, there isn't a club site in our county.....

groovy cleaner replied on 27/11/2017 12:13

Posted on 27/11/2017 12:13

as I haven't seen this post just added a comment to the 2018 pitch price thread I'm not renewing my membership in March due to the increases I don't use CLS so time for me to go 

Bakers2 replied on 27/11/2017 12:19

Posted on 27/11/2017 12:19

I thought the club we pleased with increasing membership numbers. Will they remain? We will have to wait until the club disclose, if they do in easy to gague figures, movement in membership numbers 😉

Metheven replied on 27/11/2017 12:31

Posted on 27/11/2017 12:31

The increase will make no difference to me, but at a smidgen over 4% I can imagine it is but another increase in addition to the many that people are enduring in this economical climate.

A bit greedy of the Club I think for no apparent good reason.

replied on 27/11/2017 12:35

Posted on 27/11/2017 12:08 by Bakers2

The club magazine arrived today. So far I've had a quite flick through 😉. Tucked in there is notice of an increase in membership fees from £49 to £51 on 15 December 2017. If you want to add family members (is that children?) another £8 no increase for 4th year running. 

Have just rejoined the friendly club, with paper magazines and site book £44 - less £38 for digital. 

That's quite a big difference between the 2 clubs 😲. I suppose the cost of name change and subsequent signs etc has to be recouped through membership fees as well as pitch increases?

We will continue to belong while CL use suits us, there isn't a club site in our county.....

Posted on 27/11/2017 12:35

That's quite a big difference between the 2 clubs 

It is. CC costs about 17% more and has about 70% more sites. Not sure how the CL/CS networks compare

If you want to add family members (is that children?) another £8 no increase for 4th year running.

A family is normally a child over 18 at the same address and means that they can stay in the caravan (with friends perhaps) as a member when the parents are not present and without a non-member addition to pitch prides. Useful for some. 

Randomcamper replied on 27/11/2017 12:52

Posted on 27/11/2017 12:31 by Metheven

The increase will make no difference to me, but at a smidgen over 4% I can imagine it is but another increase in addition to the many that people are enduring in this economical climate.

A bit greedy of the Club I think for no apparent good reason.

Posted on 27/11/2017 12:52

Similarly, I have just had my M/H insurance renewal from the Club.

No claims in the year or convictions etc, and presumably the van has depreciated a bit as well but the requested premium was a 6.9% increase over last year......

I got a 1% pay rise this year...

Luckily a quote from Saga was 33% cheaper...........

The Club is definitely aiming for a wealthy client base......wink

Kennine replied on 27/11/2017 13:10

Posted on 27/11/2017 13:10

I didn't renew last year as our planned touring areas were better supported by other and better located sites. The jury is out whether I will pay for the CMC discount card this year.----- Depends on our touring plans. 

huskydog replied on 27/11/2017 13:17

Posted on 27/11/2017 13:17

Oh, is it that much ,I wouldn't know ,I renew by DD ,but how do you quantify value for money ???????

KeithandMargaret replied on 27/11/2017 13:33

Posted on 27/11/2017 13:33

Most sites bearing the label C&CC say you must be a Member to use their sites.

A few weeks ago I rang a C&CC site, told them I wasn't a Member, but was cordially allowed to book a couple of nights with them.

I've no idea whether I paid more than a C&CC Member or not but if we are allowed on sites without being a Member what is the point of joining ?

I used a couple of CL sites for the other nights we were away and those three sites were the only sites we have used in the UK this year.

Many nights abroad - but not in the UK.

I won't be renewing my C&CC Membership whatever the cost.

Randomcamper replied on 27/11/2017 13:37

Posted on 27/11/2017 13:33 by KeithandMargaret

Most sites bearing the label C&CC say you must be a Member to use their sites.

A few weeks ago I rang a C&CC site, told them I wasn't a Member, but was cordially allowed to book a couple of nights with them.

I've no idea whether I paid more than a C&CC Member or not but if we are allowed on sites without being a Member what is the point of joining ?

I used a couple of CL sites for the other nights we were away and those three sites were the only sites we have used in the UK this year.

Many nights abroad - but not in the UK.

I won't be renewing my C&CC Membership whatever the cost.

Posted on 27/11/2017 13:37

But the thread is about this club.....undecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook