is the Club about touring or static holidays?

Katrina Hope Valley replied on 29/11/2017 18:57

Posted on 29/11/2017 18:57

Reading the latest magazine I was annoyed to read an AGM comment that motorhomes are causing problems because they stay on a site for a few nights and spoil the opportunity for a week's booking.

Personally all the people dashing to book in December for next year spoil my opportunity for going away on a whim and touring, stopping off for a few nights then moving on to pastures new.

mickysf replied on 29/11/2017 19:11

Posted on 29/11/2017 19:11

There are many of us who spend several if not many consecutive nights on C&MC sites, just not on the same site. That is one advantage to joining this 'club', they don't insist on a minimum number of nights on one site! Long may the differences between club and the commercials exist! It's a network of touring venues not one site we join!

compass362 replied on 29/11/2017 19:22

Posted on 29/11/2017 18:57 by Katrina Hope Valley

Reading the latest magazine I was annoyed to read an AGM comment that motorhomes are causing problems because they stay on a site for a few nights and spoil the opportunity for a week's booking.

Personally all the people dashing to book in December for next year spoil my opportunity for going away on a whim and touring, stopping off for a few nights then moving on to pastures new.

Posted on 29/11/2017 19:22

I'm sorry I don't understand your statement that Motorhomes or the people that use them are causing problems & spoiling other members bookings.

ALL members are entitled to book & stay whatever number of nights they like  , there is no minimum nights booking limit with this club , I think you need to read the club's terms & conditions regarding bookings .

As for BOOKING DAY on December 6 , that's for ALL the membership to book their holiday choices for next year ....end of  .

It's done on a first come first served system  , which is fair for  all members including you .👍

Metheven replied on 29/11/2017 19:27

Posted on 29/11/2017 19:27

Have to say that no-one spoils my holiday by either of the two methods, I have a workaround for any so called obstacles, and that ensures me a good time.

mickysf replied on 29/11/2017 19:29

Posted on 29/11/2017 19:22 by compass362

I'm sorry I don't understand your statement that Motorhomes or the people that use them are causing problems & spoiling other members bookings.

ALL members are entitled to book & stay whatever number of nights they like  , there is no minimum nights booking limit with this club , I think you need to read the club's terms & conditions regarding bookings .

As for BOOKING DAY on December 6 , that's for ALL the membership to book their holiday choices for next year ....end of  .

It's done on a first come first served system  , which is fair for  all members including you .👍

Posted on 29/11/2017 19:29

To be fair it was not the view of the OP, the OP was just commenting about the view of others I think, a view we have heard on occasions from a few others.

PhilHeller replied on 29/11/2017 19:30

Posted on 29/11/2017 19:30

The actual quote, which was a question from the floor by a Mr Sheppard was that he ‘ Observed that if motorhomers were staying for shorter periods, this could disadvantage touring caravanners (in terms of pitch availability), who wanted to stay for longer periods.’

compass362 replied on 29/11/2017 20:07

Posted on 29/11/2017 19:30 by PhilHeller

The actual quote, which was a question from the floor by a Mr Sheppard was that he ‘ Observed that if motorhomers were staying for shorter periods, this could disadvantage touring caravanners (in terms of pitch availability), who wanted to stay for longer periods.’

Posted on 29/11/2017 20:07

I think the reply I gave is still relevant to what the OP referred too , I can understand how I may have misread it .

The no minimum nights that can be booked by any member will  i agree could inconvenience some members at some point wanting to book more than 7 nights at one site , but that's the same for us all.

No offence was intended ..👍

replied on 29/11/2017 20:11

Posted on 29/11/2017 20:11

I see nearly as many 'short stay' caravans as motorhomes. Only weekenders seem to be truly short stay wink

young thomas replied on 29/11/2017 20:36

Posted on 29/11/2017 20:36

intersting that 'Mr Sheppard' referred to disadvantaging 'touring' caravanners when referring to to a MHer who seemed (to me) to be actually 'touring' when compared to his 'stay for longer periods'undecided

Cornersteady replied on 29/11/2017 21:25

Posted on 29/11/2017 21:25

But isn't it simply all down to club sites being popular with both types of outfit? If sites weren't full(ish) there would be no problem about who stays longer? 

It;s an interesting statistic which outfit stays longer but like Metheven, I've never been 'disadvantaged' at all and wouldn't even waste any time worrying about it. You try and book and either you get in or not, if you can't then someone got in before you, as Sargent major Williams would say, oh dear, how sad, never mind and again I'm not really bothered who/what it was. Just try somewhere else.  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook