Frustration with Caravan Club Nissan Offer

Qashqai66 replied on 16/03/2017 12:17

Posted on 16/03/2017 12:17

Until this morning I was feeling delighted that I had managed to secure the discount deal through the Club for a new Nissan X-Trail.  My feeling of being delighted has turned to one of frustration, annoyance and disappointment at the apparent inefficiency of the Caravan Club in managing the offer.

I am supposed to collect the car on Saturday morning but the salesman at the dealership has just informed me that he is still waiting for a code from the Caravan Club for the discount.  He is also awaiting the delivery of the free tow bar which is also arranged by the Club.  He informed me that he has written countless emails and made several phone call and all, thus far, to no avail.  He is awaiting further information promised for 3.00 p.m.  Meanwhile I am beginning wonder when our new car will be available.

To make matters even more annoying, I received an email from the Caravan Club this morning promoting the special offer - 15% discount etc. - on a new Nissan X-Trail if ordered by 31st March for registration before the end of June.  The salesman at the dealership has told me that the Club is giving misleading information because there are no Nissan X-Trails anywhere in the UK available for delivery until the end of July.  In other words the Club is promoting an offer which they cannot honour - what a total shambles!!!!!

Bakers2 replied on 16/03/2017 13:18

Posted on 16/03/2017 13:18

I do hope you get it resolved quickly and can have it on Saturday. Maybe the website is indicative of the whole operation 😉😲

EmilysDad replied on 16/03/2017 13:24

Posted on 16/03/2017 13:24

In other words the Club is promoting an offer which they cannot honour - what a total shambles!!!!!

Why am I not surprised ..... 

SteveL replied on 16/03/2017 14:24

Posted on 16/03/2017 14:24

Looks as though bringing the CAMC into it has caused the problem. When we used the deal 3 years ago it was up to me to get the code, which was obtained from Nissan and emailed within a few minutes of my phone call. The only input the club seemed to have at that time was promoting the offer. Although there was no free tow bar, just money off the vehicle. I hope you can get it sorted out in time.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 16/03/2017 15:17

Posted on 16/03/2017 15:17

Geez Q6, that is a sorry tale. You must be very angry as well as frustrated. It certainly doesn't fill me with confidencefrown. Keep at it, push them or it seems your initial happiness could well be sorrow, I hope it works out for you.

Tinwheeler replied on 16/03/2017 15:20

Posted on 16/03/2017 15:20

Get on the phone to Nick Lomas, Qashqai. This is shoddy in the extreme. 

Tracy123 replied on 16/03/2017 16:14

Posted on 16/03/2017 16:14

Hi Qashqai,

I am sorry to hear of the problems you are having. I have highlighted this to my colleague who handles all our Member Offers and she will be looking into it for you.

Kind Regards

Tracy

Tinwheeler replied on 16/03/2017 16:20

Posted on 16/03/2017 16:20

Tracy, with all due respect to you and I'm sure your intervention is appreciated, this needs swift action rather than looking into.

It's another appalling muck up by the club demonstrating incompetence, inefficiency, or both. I hope Qashqai gets decent service from now on.

JVB66 replied on 16/03/2017 16:24

Posted on 16/03/2017 16:20 by Tinwheeler

Tracy, with all due respect to you and I'm sure your intervention is appreciated, this needs swift action rather than looking into.

It's another appalling muck up by the club demonstrating incompetence, inefficiency, or both. I hope Qashqai gets decent service from now on.

Posted on 16/03/2017 16:24

+1frown I agree  ,but it seems  that EGH have lost the plot as far as members are concernedundecided

JayEss replied on 16/03/2017 16:28

Posted on 16/03/2017 16:28

Your 'journey of investment' has got off to a poor start OP. 

This is an example of how the club can help us on our adventures surely?  Or does that sound bite just refer to days out 

RochelleCC replied on 16/03/2017 16:44

Posted on 16/03/2017 16:44

Hi Qashqai66,

Sorry to hear about your experience with this, I’ve spoken to our Member Offers team and it seems that you may have been misled by the dealer. Our Member Offers team would like to speak to you about your experience. I’ve emailed you with a number to call when you’re free.

We’re looking to get a statement from Nissan to address the inaccuracies presented to Qashqai66 about the member offer, I’ll be able to update you all in time.

I'll close this for now as this will be dealt offline as a complaint.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook