Club AGM 2022

obbernockle replied on 30/09/2022 10:23

Posted on 30/09/2022 09:13 by DavidKlyne

You did post in the "New Booking System" thread about the AGM? If you want a quick method of finding posts just click on your Profile and it shows latest activity.

David

Posted on 30/09/2022 10:23

Thanks, David. Perhaps a Gremlin cut and pasted it there while I was taking a wee dram?

Hja replied on 30/09/2022 10:44

Posted on 30/09/2022 10:44

I received an email yesterday from the club with the agm link and outlining voting procedures. Said info about remote attendance would come in due course.

Lack of election to any post is a bit grim. I know it depends on people being willing to do the jobs. The Council seems to have a number of retired employees. I also see there seem to be vacancies on the Council but no encouragement for participation. The council doesn’t seem to have many ordinary members on it. And why does the Club need a Chaplin?

what was it someone said about the State of Denmark? (apologies to any Danish reading this!)

Tinwheeler replied on 30/09/2022 10:53

Posted on 30/09/2022 10:53

"And why does the Club need a Chaplin?"

I could say the club has many Chaplins.😆

Seriously, it's a question asked before and the lady concerned posted here outlining the Chaplain's duties of pastoral care for the whole club community of any and all denominations. Personally, I'm not convinced of the need.

JVB66 replied on 30/09/2022 10:59

Posted on 30/09/2022 10:53 by Tinwheeler

"And why does the Club need a Chaplin?"

I could say the club has many Chaplins.😆

Seriously, it's a question asked before and the lady concerned posted here outlining the Chaplain's duties of pastoral care for the whole club community of any and all denominations. Personally, I'm not convinced of the need.

Posted on 30/09/2022 10:59

I think with what is happening between the clubHQ and it's membership there will be even more of a needsurprised

Takethedogalong replied on 30/09/2022 11:38

Posted on 30/09/2022 10:44 by Hja

I received an email yesterday from the club with the agm link and outlining voting procedures. Said info about remote attendance would come in due course.

Lack of election to any post is a bit grim. I know it depends on people being willing to do the jobs. The Council seems to have a number of retired employees. I also see there seem to be vacancies on the Council but no encouragement for participation. The council doesn’t seem to have many ordinary members on it. And why does the Club need a Chaplin?

what was it someone said about the State of Denmark? (apologies to any Danish reading this!)

Posted on 30/09/2022 11:38

As I read things, all but one nominee is a re election, that being the more obvious younger nominee.

I don’t worry about the Council, they rumble on as they have done for years. The ideas, the policies, the changes, the implications come from elsewhere…….

At the moment, given the still ongoing rise in tourer purchases and staycations, the membership figures, the willingness to pay to stay on a site regardless of how much it costs, all this is still giving a healthy profit, and therefore carte blanche to carry on putting in place policies that continue this trend. 

The “Club” was Member focussed. What we have now is Business focussed. Sites are happy to do their best for visitors. HQ view fee paying Membership as impersonal units for the extraction of cash in as many ways as possible. 

peedee replied on 30/09/2022 13:03

Posted on 30/09/2022 13:03

iIs a Club if you care to partake in Centre membership and if it wasn't run on business lines there would be no Club sites or services. Even if there are profits, excessive or not, it all goes back into further providing facilities for members.

peedee

Goldie146 replied on 07/10/2022 10:45

Posted on 07/10/2022 10:45

We’ve just received the email with details of how to vote, and how to submit questions. And the meeting will be able to be watched online.

JVB66 replied on 07/10/2022 10:52

Posted on 30/09/2022 13:03 by peedee

iIs a Club if you care to partake in Centre membership and if it wasn't run on business lines there would be no Club sites or services. Even if there are profits, excessive or not, it all goes back into further providing facilities for members.

peedee

Posted on 07/10/2022 10:52

Like the millions they have wasted on the renaming and now the disaster of a booking system yell

brue replied on 07/10/2022 11:16

Posted on 07/10/2022 10:45 by Goldie146

We’ve just received the email with details of how to vote, and how to submit questions. And the meeting will be able to be watched online.

Posted on 07/10/2022 11:16

Thanks Goldie just checked my emails, hope people join in one way or another.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook