Caravanner of the Year on BBC this April!

RochelleCC replied on 14/04/2016 11:38

Posted on 14/04/2016 11:38

We are delighted to announce that our ‘Caravanner of the Year’ competition was filmed by the BBC and will be on BBC2 on 20 and 27 April!

We hope it gets you in the mood for getting out there and enjoying the summer season on our wonderful sites network.

The enthusiasts were faced with a variety of challenges covering activities such as manoeuvring, navigation, hospitality and caravanning knowledge.  There was also the precision challenge of the Concours D’Elegance which demanded much polishing and primping of their vehicles!

The first programme will introduce the entrants and whittle them down to the three finalists.

Tune in and watch, and don’t forget to tell your friends and family about it too!

Follow us on Twitter @CaravanClubCOTY and like our Facebook page Caravanner of the Year and don’t forget to use the hashtag! #caravanclubCOTY

sailorgirl2 replied on 27/04/2016 21:59

Posted on 27/04/2016 21:59

for all those who think "light-hearted"..

They are billed as the "elite" of caravanners   Laughing

Elite.. :Grin::rofl:

Write your comments here...SAYS WHO? HOW DID THEY EVALUATE AN EXACT MEASURE FOR FUEL USED WITHOUT EVEN SIGHT OF A FUEL GAUGE.Also I would have thought that motorhome and car/caravan fuel consumption would vary widely anyway and surely is dependant upon weight, that test was completely valueless WHAT A SHAM.....

huskydog replied on 27/04/2016 22:02

Posted on 27/04/2016 22:02

Glad I missed it. Sounds just about as bad as the first episode sounded. What a waste of our money as I bet the BeeB didn't pay for all the gifts(?) I presume were given at the finish.

"Gifts" ......it's ok 2nd and 3rd only got a wooden box on a bit of string.............. ( well ,that's what it looked like ) 

sailorgirl2 replied on 27/04/2016 22:03

Posted on 27/04/2016 22:03

Good grief! Didn't watch the first episode but thought I'd try tonight's installment. All I can say is they should try caravanning on their own. I tow a large twin axle on my own all over the uk. I find my way to club sites and CLs without a satnav. Spent three months touring Scotland in the winter. Towed over the Cairnwell (2,000') in snow. Pitched up at Braemar and endured temperatures as low as -14.1°. Single handedly cleared almost a foot of snow off my pitch. To get to a site and set up on your own after driving a couple of hundred miles and to be the only one who is there to do all the jobs is something us single caravanners have to take in our stride. Now that derverves a medal! 

Write your comments here...One has to question whether the Sat nav user on the programme  can find her way to her own bathroom without a satnav?SG2

replied on 27/04/2016 22:03

Posted on 27/04/2016 22:03

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Hullflyer replied on 27/04/2016 22:05

Posted on 27/04/2016 22:05

WinkAs stated in an earlier post, a game of two halves, the second half more in line with caravanning, particularly the party games reminder of many rallies, it'll top this week gogglebox.

End result a draw for entertainment.

Saulfland replied on 27/04/2016 22:14

Posted on 27/04/2016 22:14

Well, we watched both episodes because we couldn't believe the second one could be as bad as the first!  But it was worse!! 

The "expert" who either couldn't read the sign which said how wide the gap was or didn't know how wide his motor home was!

Nearest to real caravanners won it though.

rogeroldacre replied on 27/04/2016 22:21

Posted on 27/04/2016 22:21

after watching both shows and with last week the caravan club boss guy ripping out the back of his van by being a complete idiot It make me wander if I want to be associated with it and will have to think twice before renewing my memdership. this program doesn't show caravaning  off at all well and puts it back years.

Metheven replied on 27/04/2016 22:30

Posted on 27/04/2016 22:30

Superb, just when I thought it couldn't get better, the second part was a masterpiece Laughing Slightly more serious this time but wow!! liked the dollybird with her mini, shame she didn't put the thigh high welly's on though Embarassed 

Don't know what I'll watch on a wednesday evening now Sad good programmes are hard to come by, good job I recorded it to view as a 'pick me up' in future Wink

Loadsa room on sites next year with everyone leaving, pick of the pitches, stay after 12 noon, I'll be in heaven.

Lansdorf replied on 27/04/2016 22:35

Posted on 27/04/2016 22:35

Are we sure that at least one couple was not conscripted?Wink 

Anyway my question was a serious one as it does not seem to have been a well populated challenge. For example I can't recall any CT members admitting they competed but failed to make the cut. They collectively surely would be the sort of members who take caravanning/motorhoming a tad more seriously than most?

I am left wondering how representative of the CC membership it is.

Write your comments here........and thus rests the case for the plaintiffs !

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook