2017 - Sandringham

JVB66 replied on 29/11/2016 21:17

Posted on 29/11/2016 21:17

I see from the Events page that the National is now fully booked,with a waiting list.This is after just one month of the  booking opening date.

Is this a record for an National ?

Write your comments here...It seems ridiculous that the CC puts on a rally called the National and then miss-judge the number of members wanting to attend. . Looks like the CC needed to choose a much bigger venue.

Cheers ...........K

..I would think its more down to resources that can be "Mustered" rather than bigger venue,it relies on as most "events",  the diminshing "army of volunteers"

Firedragon replied on 29/11/2016 22:12

Posted on 29/11/2016 22:12

When you have the option of returning to the Queens garden for a special event I suspect very few of the Exec would turn round and say 'No thanks, it might be popular this year so we'll look for somewhere a bit bigger - just in case!' Wink

Alison

replied on 30/11/2016 09:25

Posted on 30/11/2016 09:25

Surely if it's already fully booked but there are still others that want to go, could there not be a waiting list in case of cancellations?

replied on 30/11/2016 09:32

Posted on 30/11/2016 09:32

I see from the Events page that the National is now fully booked,with a waiting list.This is after just one month of the  booking opening date.

Is this a record for an National ?

Write your comments here...It seems ridiculous that the CC puts on a rally called the National and then miss-judge the number of members wanting to attend. . Looks like the CC needed to choose a much bigger venue.

Cheers ...........K

..I would think its more down to resources that can be "Mustered" rather than bigger venue,it relies on as most "events",  the diminshing "army of volunteers"

Indeed it needs to be manageable with the resources available. 

Bakers2 replied on 30/11/2016 09:33

Posted on 30/11/2016 09:33

Oh well that's our minds made up without actually giving it much thought. Would have loved to go but not sure of commitments that far ahead. Amazing all booked so quickly - and deposits???? Maybe, just maybe they could add another field?

Firedragon replied on 30/11/2016 10:02

Posted on 30/11/2016 10:02

Surely if it's already fully booked but there are still others that want to go, could there not be a waiting list in case of cancellations?

Yes, there is a waiting list Malcolm and just as others said they cannot know their commitments that far ahead, there are also bound to be a few cancellations as things 'crop up' so it is always worth putting your name down just in case.

Oh and if that list does get very long then those in charge may well try and negotiate for a few more spaces - you never know your luck Wink

Alison

BrianJosie replied on 30/11/2016 21:17

Posted on 30/11/2016 21:17

hi there guys we are booked in .tried to book in with shropshire centre but no spaces left so I think we are in Hertfordshire.dont know if that is good or badHappyCool

Brian & Jo

Firedragon replied on 30/11/2016 22:48

Posted on 30/11/2016 22:48

well you might make some new friends Brian & Jo ? and you can visit the Shropshire centre lines as often as you like too Laughing

Alison

BrianJosie replied on 01/12/2016 21:40

Posted on 01/12/2016 21:40

Yes maybe we will see.we are just looking forward to the weekend away .we rally a bit with Motorhome Fun and there is always different people at every rally so I guess it's much the same really.

Brian & Jo

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook