2017 - Sandringham

Boff replied on 01/11/2016 06:57

Posted on 01/11/2016 06:57

I have to say it is a long time since we have paid less than £100 for a National WITHOUT EHU, so I'm not moaning about being given it included in a package price of £95, all daytime activities are free and its in the Queen's garden, no pleasing some people though is there Wink

Alison

Just think how much better value it would be without EHUWink

bill replied on 01/11/2016 07:44

Posted on 01/11/2016 07:44

If I want to go on Friday and attend all the entertainment then I have calculated my cost to be £265 assuming that I want to go to the Broadway Spectatular on Sunday evening rather than the 'Evening with Rebbecca Newman' which would cost another £114.  Well done to the CC PR dept. predicting a sell out for the event as I assume that all profits go back into 'club' funds and so benefit all members.

Firedragon replied on 01/11/2016 10:38

Posted on 01/11/2016 10:38

the Evening with Rebecca Newman is not a Club event and includes a meal too doesn't it ? Can't blame the CC for the expense of that, and there is no way we would do every nights entertainment, personally I think that is a bit selfish as there is not room for everyone to do that (if there was there would be no need to put on so many nights entertainment, just have one big night out for everyone instead)  As for the ehu, as we are likely to be out for up to two weeks even 6 amps will keep us ticking over as we stagger back to our van to sleep each evening.

Alison

tigerfish replied on 01/11/2016 10:51

Posted on 01/11/2016 10:51

Booked & Paid!   Thought it a bit hard to have to pay  now, but I suppose the set up costs are high.

Would be good if CT members confirm that they are coming on here or on the sticky.

TF

brue replied on 01/11/2016 14:04

Posted on 01/11/2016 14:04

Hope you can meet up with some from CT, there was provision for a get together last year but It didn't work out. We recognised some fellow ralliers which was nice. My best wishes to Alison, sorry to hear your news (in another thread,) your views and help on the National and other rallies have helped us join in and enjoy CC events. x

tigerfish replied on 01/11/2016 14:56

Posted on 01/11/2016 14:56

Brue, I think that you have mixed me up with another member. the DCOS is called Paula and I have never been to the National before.

Brian

TF

brue replied on 01/11/2016 15:13

Posted on 01/11/2016 15:13

Sorry TF, I was posting to you and also to Alison (Firedragon) at the same time. Reading back it does sound  a bit confusing.

bill replied on 01/11/2016 16:25

Posted on 01/11/2016 16:25

the Evening with Rebecca Newman is not a Club event and includes a meal too doesn't it ? Can't blame the CC for the expense of that, and there is no way we would do every nights entertainment, personally I think that is a bit selfish as there is not room for everyone to do that (if there was there would be no need to put on so many nights entertainment, just have one big night out for everyone instead)  As for the ehu, as we are likely to be out for up to two weeks even 6 amps will keep us ticking over as we stagger back to our van to sleep each evening.

Alison

Write your comments here...Alison - Don't understand about it being selfish to attend all the entertainment laid on.  If it is just to cope with numbers how do we know which one needs the support ?

Firedragon replied on 01/11/2016 17:43

Posted on 01/11/2016 17:43

Take no notice of me Bill, if you want to do all the entertainment you go for it, as you say it works out a bit expensive but it is only money and I doubt many would do it anyway. Better they are fully booked to cover the cost. We rarely get to do any of the evenings as we work at the National but this year I am hoping I can wangle a night off to do the Adele evening.

Thanks Brue for the good wishes, we have to wait till the beginning of December now for results and then we hope to confirm our place at Sandringham, fingers crossed !

Alison

replied on 01/11/2016 19:49

Posted on 01/11/2016 19:49

Booked & Paid!   Thought it a bit hard to have to pay  now, but I suppose the set up costs are high.

Would be good if CT members confirm that they are coming on here or on the sticky.

TF

Write your comments here...Well done, TF. Ours is booked and paid too. It will be well worth it, I'm sure.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook