2018 rally programme

Firedragon replied on 11/12/2017 21:03

Posted on 11/12/2017 21:03

I get the impression, correct me if I'm wrong - that those asking for a list are not members of a centre but Club members wanting to incorporate rallies into their touring, possibly because they are a cheaper way if you don't feel the need for full facility sites ?

What many don't seem to understand is that there is no such thing as a 'comprehensive list of rallies' provided by the Club, because the Club do not provide these rallies. They are simply compiling a list of those that have been given to them by the many centres involved. Each of whom compile their own annual programmes - primarily for their centre members, to which they also throw open invites to everyone else in the club. Now these programmes are all compiled to the individual centres timetable, not a common one to all centres, their priority is to their members and getting their own rally books and their own individual websites published first and foremost, after all - if they miss a deadline to get them on the Club website it is not the end of the world they have their own after all. 

(Oh and it is a fallacy that those at EGH are simply not interested in rallies and ralliers - as many of them are ralliers themselves)

Alison

brue replied on 12/12/2017 08:36

Posted on 12/12/2017 08:36

Here's the link again for anyone searching for rallies and events

see here

For anyone trying to find a centre to join or other information the links are in the membership section, click on "local centres."

Firedragon replied on 12/12/2017 11:59

Posted on 12/12/2017 08:36 by brue

Here's the link again for anyone searching for rallies and events

see here

For anyone trying to find a centre to join or other information the links are in the membership section, click on "local centres."

Posted on 12/12/2017 11:59

It is worth noting that centre members get first notification of their centres proposed list for the coming year because they are given the opportunity to run them, without marshals the rallies would be cancelled, then they have to have time to put together their individual rally programmes ready to go into the rally book for the printers to get them ready for the centres deadline for publishing. For some centres that may be after their AGM for many it is New Year, either way they are not 'ready for booking' at the same time as Club Sites and any list on the Club website will not be complete until all centres are added as and when the EGH staff get through those sent to them by the centres.

Merry Christmas everyone laughing

Alison 

Waffler replied on 13/01/2018 15:11

Posted on 13/01/2018 15:11

I challenged the club chairman over how difficult it is to find details of rallies and 2 years on nothing has changed. In fact it might be worse, at present members can’t use the search facility because the date system doesn’t work. (I reported the fact but still not corrected.)  I asked the chairman to imagine he was new to rallying and go on the website and try to find out where his nearest is. Is it that rallies cost the club money and so are not a priority? Even joining a Centre is difficult and you have to renew each year. The centre gets cash for members registering. In the other club each member is allocated a centre and they publish a list of rallies each month.

bill replied on 13/01/2018 16:38

Posted on 13/01/2018 16:38

Couldn't agree more that it is not the slickest of systems but the date selection was working for me a couple of minutes ago !

Boff replied on 13/01/2018 17:04

Posted on 13/01/2018 17:04

Bill it’s the same fault as last year.   If it is and you checked today then the system will work because it is the 13th and it will work for the rest of the month. It will stoo working for the first 12 day’s  of February.  

Bit of a waste of time complaining because let’s face it either a, no one cares, b, no one is competent to fix it , or c, the answer is a combination of a & b.  

On the other hand if you were to complain that the towels weren’t fluffy enough in your glamping pod I am sure the leadership would sort it out in a shot. 

Ps I am told that our centre’s Rally’s are booking up quickly this year.

brue replied on 13/01/2018 17:09

Posted on 13/01/2018 17:09

The date selection works on my pc but not on my phone, was not aware of that till someone pointed it out the other day. There is no place search at all which is poor.

I didn't get our centre rally book till very late last year so I depend on the web. Do you all have rally books already?

Boff replied on 13/01/2018 17:32

Posted on 13/01/2018 17:32

Our centre’s  Rally books have been out since the beginning of December.  They are available in 3 formats, paper cost you £1, on the website, minus contact details and to Centre members online, which have the advantage of being updated through out the year.

Maybe you should put out an appeal on here I want to go to Rally in xyz area on the second weekend in April and see if anyone can help you?

brue replied on 13/01/2018 18:37

Posted on 13/01/2018 18:37

Thanks Boff, we've managed to book one rally so far, only just, it was nearly full already. smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook