2018 rally programme

Boff replied on 28/11/2017 09:05

Posted on 28/11/2017 09:05

Our’s, Cheshire Centre, came out about 10 day’s ago.  Tbh I find the list on this website next to useless.  A couple of years ago I searched for and failed to find some Rally’s that I knew for sure were running. The reason I knew was because we were running them, at that point I gave up.  

AndyNYorks replied on 28/11/2017 09:15

Posted on 28/11/2017 09:15

Most centres will not have finalised their programes for 2018 but the list from the club is normally published by the end of January. Be aware that it may not be wholly accurate as some centres rallies were missed off last year despite them sending details to the club on time. The best way to find details of rallies is to visit the the centre or region websites.

One rally that is not currently on the website is the Festival of the North. This is a rally organised by the centres within the Northern Region and is what used to be Northern Centres. This year it will be hosted by Northumberland centre and takes place at Alnwick between 20th and 28th August 2018. The fee is £11 per night inclusive of entertainment. Details and booking forms can be found on Northumberland Centre's website. Places are limited so you need to book early to avoid disappointment.

Bakers2 replied on 28/11/2017 09:19

Posted on 28/11/2017 09:19

That's APPALLING and one year on it should have been sorted 😤😭😤😭😤.

I'd like to look by area, dates don't really matter as we have no commitments, so if there's one in an area we fancy (we may not know the area so just a list of rallies would be great) we plan/work a tour around it, hopefully incorporating others.

Last year I got a printed list but that wasn't comprehensive 😢. Not all centres got their entries in.

It seems such as shame that a Club (I use that term loosely as this is included in the company title) which has volunteers giving up hours of their time organising and running rallies doesn't support their efforts. In fact they almost put 2 fingers in the air 😲😲😲.

Boff and the unknown to me others who organise rallies THANK YOU.

brue replied on 28/11/2017 10:26

Posted on 28/11/2017 10:26

The rally section on CT seems so disorganised with some major rallies listed in What's On whilst other rallies have to be found via membership and centres. Why not a proper rally section under one title? When we were in Scotland this year the Scottish centres had produced their national rally leaflet, nicely put together, it's being held at Kelso, which is worth a visit itself, especially Flores Castle and the Tweed. These details can be found here

Major Rallies

JVB66 replied on 28/11/2017 10:40

Posted on 28/11/2017 10:40

Any one thought of pushing the report button as that seems to be the the only way these days on CT that get at timesundecided a responce from HO as they seem only interested in Face ache and the the twits

brue replied on 28/11/2017 10:46

Posted on 28/11/2017 10:46

The set up, or lack of it, was discussed when the new web site was launched. The club appeared to think it was ok.

JVB66 replied on 28/11/2017 10:49

Posted on 28/11/2017 10:46 by brue

The set up, or lack of it, was discussed when the new web site was launched. The club appeared to think it was ok.

Posted on 28/11/2017 10:49

Not working is itundecided

Boff replied on 28/11/2017 10:54

Posted on 28/11/2017 10:54

The reason is simple and obvious, the “Leadership”. Simply don’t care. If you press the banner at the top of this page marked, UK holidays, I see links to Tent Camping, Camping Pods, Cottages, Storage facilties. Do I see a link to Rallies of course not, not nearly sexy enough for the dynamic thrusting organisation that this club has become sic.

Ps Rant over

PPS. Naturally when I came to paste this it crashed, I am now experienced enough to copy. My post before pressing reply

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook