So, where is it?

Merve replied on 17/04/2017 19:39

Posted on 17/04/2017 19:39

Sometime ago now, regulars to this section will remember that when the Forum was changed, the CC as it was then, 'lost' or couldn't transfer the 'How to survive a non 240v site' thread. I notice that it's weeks down the road and I'm probably not the only one who is cynical about why the original thread has disappeared into the ether!! Will someone- anyone, from East Grinstead answer the very simple questions of

"Where is it and when will we have it back"?

If I have to wait as long for a reply to those questions as I I have to my double request to getting a balanced and modern view article of modern non EHU caravanning  into the club mag, I think I might change my name to Methuselah!!! This club really is showing its true colours. 2 years ago I contacted the editorial dept of the club magazine to ask for an article offering my van as a base and have been promised twice I would be contacted as the were very interested- yeah, right! 

DavidKlyne replied on 17/04/2017 21:07

Posted on 17/04/2017 21:07

I am pretty sure that posts over two years old have been Deleted User. If you go back far enough you can find old posts but they have no content. 

With regard to the magazine why not just write the article complete with photos and submit it to the editor. That is the way things tend to work with magazines. They may well reject it but I think you would at least get a response giving the reasons.

David

Merve replied on 17/04/2017 21:38

Posted on 17/04/2017 21:38

Well, that's an idea David but on both occasions they have not mentioned me writing my own article and submitting it. But of course they wouldn't would they? It is an idea though. Anyone like to guess what the outcome would be??? Oneputt- how could you be so cynical😂😂

DavidKlyne replied on 17/04/2017 22:58

Posted on 17/04/2017 22:58

I don't know how the question was phrased. They might have got the impression it was only a suggestion for an article. Most magazines have a regular group of contributors who they, from time to time, might commission articles from. For newcomers it can be a bit more difficult to get in on the act. You know the style of Club magazine so I would write with that in mind. Photographs need to be high quality so they can be reproduced. Go for it, you might get a pleasant surprise, whether that goes as far as being paid I have no ideawink

Boff replied on 18/04/2017 08:08

Posted on 18/04/2017 08:08

Merve, this subject has already covered in the depth you would expect. If you look at the March 2016 edition of the magazine P101 there is an article.  Ok actually it is rubbish.  Top advice, take plenty of toilet fluid and torches recommended site to do this Mildenhall, honestly you can't make this up.

Also there was an article April 2015 p105 by John Wickersham.  Naturally this is illustrated with a picture of the interior of a vintage caravan   

If I didn't know better I would run a mile from using non ehu facilities sites after reading these 2 articles.  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook