Snipe 2 Satellite Dish

artyboo replied on 09/09/2018 16:14

Posted on 09/09/2018 16:14

I have just bought an automatic Snipe 2 from Amazon for £281 (and another £14 postage).

There is one left.

artyboo replied on 10/09/2018 06:50

Posted on 10/09/2018 06:50

Self searching Motorhome satellite system. Finds the satellite for you.

usually about £600/£800 but given it is a Snipe 2, (Snipe 4 just launched) they are selling them off.

mickysf replied on 10/09/2018 20:14

Posted on 10/09/2018 10:19 by DavidKlyne

Seems a bargain. Not sure how far into France you will get UK programs like BBC/ITV?

David

Posted on 10/09/2018 20:14

Pretty much the same distance as that really cheap dish on a stand will! 

artyboo replied on 11/09/2018 07:17

Posted on 10/09/2018 20:14 by mickysf

Pretty much the same distance as that really cheap dish on a stand will! 

Posted on 11/09/2018 07:17

You are absolutely right however the cheap dish on a stand takes me time I haven’t got. My disabled husband can’t help so I have to do everything even down to his personal care needs.

Having something automatically do something for me will be a big help AND give my husband something to focus on other then the scenery.

We never ever considered TV on holiday before but now it is important to keep my husband’s attention.

The Snipe claims to have a range equivalent to a 60 cm dish.

mickysf replied on 11/09/2018 07:27

Posted on 11/09/2018 07:17 by artyboo

You are absolutely right however the cheap dish on a stand takes me time I haven’t got. My disabled husband can’t help so I have to do everything even down to his personal care needs.

Having something automatically do something for me will be a big help AND give my husband something to focus on other then the scenery.

We never ever considered TV on holiday before but now it is important to keep my husband’s attention.

Posted on 11/09/2018 07:27

Agree about the faff of setting up although at present I'm fit enough and, having set one up for decades, it takes only a matter of minutes. The other advantage is I can move the dish around the pitch which can give greater choice of pitches on arrival at site and a better chance of hitting that signal on some. What works best for individuals though is important.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 11/09/2018 08:03

Posted on 11/09/2018 08:03

Pukka idea Arty, one box ✔️ & one less stress to add on to a potential stressful situation👍🏻😊

lornalou1 replied on 11/09/2018 16:18

Posted on 11/09/2018 16:18

I know what you mean artyboo as my wife is brain damaged and I have to do everything but I wonder how you go on in a motor home as I would have thought a little tight for room unless it's been adapted of coarse. I found a caravan with a bigger than average mid bathroom was better to attend to her needs. 

peedee replied on 11/09/2018 19:22

Posted on 11/09/2018 19:22

Nothing wrong with making life easier for yourselves if you can. I wonder what the difference is between a Snipe 2 and a 4, not a lot I suspect if you just want to use it in UK or northern France. Sounds like a good buy. Enjoy your travels.

peedee

cabbiemick replied on 11/09/2018 20:58

Posted on 11/09/2018 20:58

I use a satlnk sat finder its a fantastic bit if kit you attach to the lnb twist dish while watching  the the screen on satlink when you get a picture that's it done so quick never not found a satellite everyone who as seen it buys one

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook