Save £5,000 on a new caravan

Aunty Anne replied on 12/09/2012 12:41

Posted on 12/09/2012 12:41

We have just saved £5,000 on a new Hobby caravan, by going to Germany and buying it direct. I researched this on the internet first and found an English speaking caravan dealer at Monchen Gladbach in Germany. Dealing with him has been trouble free so far and the Hobby caravan is better quality and better built than a UK manufactured van. I am 67, with arthritis, did not want to grovel on the floor in cupboards (Hobby has drawers), spend a lot of time touring Europe so wanted a big fridge (Hobby has a 114 litre floor to almost ceiling height fridge). I did not want to pay for an unused cooked or microwave and these are extras for Hobby vans. However, I do get, included in the price, an onboard water tank (goodbye Aquaroll), a rollable waste  water tank, a noseweight guage, plus lots more. I will also own a van that looks designed for the year 2013 and not the year 1973.

We obviously have to pay for the van in euros, but this is the easy bit.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook