Pink and Blue

Jennysheepdog replied on 03/09/2017 20:22

Posted on 03/09/2017 20:22

My hubby and I are new to caravanning this year. We love it with a passion. We bought our caravan in February and have managed to get in 12 trips this year (weekends mainly)

we have realised that we really love CL sites. I read somewhere that you guys have alternatives to  expensive "pink" as we are now using loads of it !!!

thanking you in anticipation

Bakers2 replied on 03/09/2017 20:31

Posted on 03/09/2017 20:31

Bio gel washing pods πŸ˜‰. We use Lidl Formil.  Others use Aldi or other value own brand ones. We still sometimes use the organic fluid. Our flush is direct from our water tank so don't use additives in the flush but some use fabric conditioner, some Zoflora disenfectant.

Tinwheeler replied on 03/09/2017 20:50

Posted on 03/09/2017 20:50

It's not essential to use pink in the flush water. We use nothing at all, the same as people like Bakers whose flush water comes from the main tank. I'd save your money and use nothing.

The only essential is blue, or an equivalent, in the cassette itself.

Hedgehurst replied on 03/09/2017 21:14

Posted on 03/09/2017 20:50 by Tinwheeler

It's not essential to use pink in the flush water. We use nothing at all, the same as people like Bakers whose flush water comes from the main tank. I'd save your money and use nothing.

The only essential is blue, or an equivalent, in the cassette itself.

Posted on 03/09/2017 21:14

I can't resist mentioning that there's still a lot on the front of the shelves, Elsan Blue for one, which rely on formaldehyde to do the job, which is disastrous ecologically - maybe not in individual doses, but like the contraceptive pill ending up recycled into the water we all drink, the formaldehyde builds up until it does have destructive effects.

There are some good eco or bio or organic ones available. There are also some ineffective ones, we hear, which cost much and do little. And some of those claiming "formaldehyde free" just substitute other nasty stuff. Can recommend one if you want.

Merve replied on 03/09/2017 22:24

Posted on 03/09/2017 22:24

Formil bio pods from lidl. (Green Box) People have tried other brands like Waitrose and had problems. In the flush water I use Aldi or Lidl fabric conditioner- smells lovely and no black bits. Massive savings over blue and pink. We have used it for something like 3 years now and wouldn't go back to blue. I used to handle blue like explosive- one mistake with it and bang goes that carpet, towel or whatever. 

peedee replied on 04/09/2017 06:51

Posted on 04/09/2017 06:51

Bio tabs from Aldi in the tank and a touch of blue in the flush tank. Last time I used "Pink" all black bits formed in the flush tank.

peedee

ihatew0rk replied on 05/09/2017 20:13

Posted on 05/09/2017 20:13

Fenwicks citrus pink flush has a really nice smell. Use the blue bags in the cassette are so easy to use with no risk of spillage. 

Pippah45 replied on 06/09/2017 20:49

Posted on 06/09/2017 20:49

I get on fine with Lidl bio pods (now use them in the washing machine too) but I didn't get on so well with fabric conditioner in the flush.  However someone suggested a touch of Zoflora in the flush tank which I will try when I run out of the Pink. 

obbernockle replied on 07/09/2017 20:08

Posted on 06/09/2017 20:49 by Pippah45

I get on fine with Lidl bio pods (now use them in the washing machine too) but I didn't get on so well with fabric conditioner in the flush.  However someone suggested a touch of Zoflora in the flush tank which I will try when I run out of the Pink. 

Posted on 07/09/2017 20:08

Zoflora is too expensive to dilute in the rinse tank. Fabric softener ideally should be diluted/mixed before pouring into the tank.

Merve replied on 08/09/2017 10:24

Posted on 06/09/2017 20:49 by Pippah45

Posted on 08/09/2017 10:24

I find that strange Pippah? I put the same amount of Fabric Conditioner in that I would Pink and then fill the flush tank with fresh water. It's always flushed really well. I have to service the loo this winter- really looking forward to it I don't thinkπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook