How to thrive on a non 240v site!

Merve replied on 16/01/2017 17:56

Posted on 16/01/2017 17:56

Due to difficulties migrating the original thread, which was massively interesting and popular with members, I am starting another one until the original can be found and  migrated to the Forum.  I apologise to the original OP but I think this is far too important not to be available. Personally, I think, because of the massive moves in technology recently, this subject should have a section by itself. I don't suppose the CC would think about that? So, anything about Solar Panels, LED lighting, Inverters, Safefill even. Anything that assists the caravanners to go off grid in fact - and saves money!!

cyberyacht replied on 23/01/2020 07:12

Posted on 23/01/2020 07:12

I don't know. Given the clandestine developments, one could suspect that 'off-gridding' is to be discouraged.

trellis replied on 23/01/2020 18:00

Posted on 23/01/2020 18:00

Of course it's going to be discouraged , more and more people wanting non ehu pitch's on sites therefore a reduction in pitch fees . Whatever next .🤔.

Merve replied on 23/01/2020 20:47

Posted on 23/01/2020 20:47

It’s funny. The CAMC actually came to see me at the show last October to talk to me about how they could encourage people to be more self sufficient in power!!  They are worried about their capacity to supply electric vehicles and EHU to every unit. They can see that the cabling will not be man enough to carry the current they need. Here we have the mods taking down perfectly good and decent posts without a shred of explanation. It seems that the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing. One of the things they can do is to get Gary in editorial to re contact me and run a proper no holds barred article on MODERN off grid caravanning and let’s have this debate out in the open where it belongs.  It might encourage people to get themselves sorted with Solar Panels and their own power plant eh? I have advocated this for years and the people who have taken notice have been amazed by what can be achieved. I would ask the mod who is responsible for removing posts such as this to think about what I am saying. Your club actually needs to encourage people to look at off grid kit, otherwise, the cost of installing meters or bigger capacity cables is going to be astronomical and I wonder who will pay for that.?  It doesn’t bother me, I’m sorted but I do care that a sensible solution to this problem is found and by removing posts which can do nothing but help,  is, in my opinion, - let’s just say, Less than helpful! I will probably wake up tomorrow to find another post removed. So be it! 

Oneputt replied on 23/01/2020 20:56

Posted on 23/01/2020 20:56

Good post Merve.  I am considering going to RoadPro and getting my system upgraded to 230w with, inverter etc.  All this is due to information gleaned from you and the FB group

Merve replied on 23/01/2020 21:35

Posted on 23/01/2020 20:56 by Oneputt

Good post Merve.  I am considering going to RoadPro and getting my system upgraded to 230w with, inverter etc.  All this is due to information gleaned from you and the FB group

Posted on 23/01/2020 21:35

Thanks mate. Good move. Mention my name and CAMOGG- see if they give a discount for CAMOGG members- I know they are thinking about it. Mums the word! 🤣🤣👍🏻

DavidKlyne replied on 24/01/2020 20:30

Posted on 23/01/2020 21:35 by Merve

Thanks mate. Good move. Mention my name and CAMOGG- see if they give a discount for CAMOGG members- I know they are thinking about it. Mums the word! 🤣🤣👍🏻

Posted on 24/01/2020 20:30

I think Road Pro already give a discount for CMC  Club members.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook