Free radio security codes

Ravmano6 replied on 23/04/2016 17:40

Posted on 23/04/2016 17:40

Hi,

I just had to replace my start battery and in the process my radio was blocked requiring the dreaded security code. This is OK if you have the code but if, like me, you bouhght the van 2nd hand this code may not be provided. I spent ages trying to find the code without paying (I am from Yorkshire) most wanting you to download dodgy looking software & paying anything from £3 to double figures. Finally I stumbled upon this site

http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/632215.html

No downloads but you have to sign up. User name and email only. Post your radio model & serial No. Within 5 minutes I had the code.

cyberyacht replied on 23/04/2016 19:53

Posted on 23/04/2016 19:53

My car battery is wedged so far in under the bulkhead, I think when the time to change comes I'll let the garage sort it out. Once upon a time stuff under the bonnet used to be accessible.

EmilysDad replied on 23/04/2016 21:18

Posted on 23/04/2016 21:18

My car battery is wedged so far in under the bulkhead, I think when the time to change comes I'll let the garage sort it out. Once upon a time stuff under the bonnet used to be accessible.

You're lucky, mine's under the driver's seat & requires a week off work to change it (and there are two of them Wink)

hitchglitch replied on 23/04/2016 21:41

Posted on 23/04/2016 21:41

On my BMW the battery is large and awkward to get at in the boot so when it needed changing I got Halfords to do it. When the guy came out to the car I insisted that he connected a spare battery across the auxiliary terminals under the bonnet so that the radio wasn't disconnected. I explained to him that the car was 13 years old and, yes, I probably had the codes but I wasn't going to risk it. He was happy to oblige.

replied on 24/04/2016 08:12

Posted on 24/04/2016 08:12

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Metheven replied on 24/04/2016 09:48

Posted on 24/04/2016 09:48

Yes disconnection does reset certain things, and varies from car to car. With my car the radio is not affected but the windows travel is, they have to be calibrated for length of travel again (an easy job). Also the auto gearbox learns from your driving habits and this is lost so a re-learn takes a few days, although it is always adapting.

Hakinbush replied on 24/04/2016 11:49

Posted on 24/04/2016 11:49

Funny enough on a jag you dont get a radio as such, its all part of the touch screen computer system and you get a plastic card that sits in its slot in the service manual with the code..

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook