Esso and Nectar points

DSB replied on 18/03/2019 16:28

Posted on 18/03/2019 16:28

Hi folks.  I've just found out that Esso seem to be in the process of swapping from giving Tesco Club points to Nectar points from around June.

https://www.esso.co.uk/loyalty-program-nectar

I know some will be disappointed, but personally, Nectar is good for us as we don't have a Tesco locally and therefore tend to use Sainsburys more often (which also use Nectar)

Just thought it might be useful to share this info if you were not already aware.

David

Wildwood replied on 21/03/2019 11:15

Posted on 21/03/2019 11:15

I did see this was happening on the Petrol Prices.com web site some time ago. I gather Shell are now swapping to Tesco points at the same time. Tesco ar better value but it does depend on where you shop.

DavidKlyne replied on 21/03/2019 21:44

Posted on 21/03/2019 21:44

Never found Nectar points to be as anywhere near as useful as Tesco Clubcard points. Can you swap Nectar points for three times their value for a Tunnel crossing? 

David

Justus2 replied on 22/03/2019 05:59

Posted on 22/03/2019 05:59

The change to Nectar is good news for us as the only time we ever use Tesco is if we happen to be near a Tesco store when away. Our local Tesco doesn't sell fuel, is harder to get to and is less than half the size of Sainsbury's. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook