Bargains for those who live near Lincoln!!

AJB replied on 10/10/2017 17:06

Posted on 10/10/2017 17:06

The Lidl Outlet in St Marks is currently selling the SilverCrest branded Induction single hob for £5!!!! YES £5!!!  Very useful as a 2nd electric hob - and particularly so if you cook outside.  The power range is 1200w - 2000w, with temperature control and timer - and they are lightweight too.

One or two 'smart' people are buying these and selling onwards via flea-bay..

Grab a bargain whilst you can....very useful when in Spain!!

mickysf replied on 10/10/2017 18:16

Posted on 10/10/2017 18:16

Now that is a good deal! We love our induction hob, so versatile and light weight, just extra expence buying the appropriate pans. 

Love your picture too, handsome snchnauzer, what's his/her name? Standard?

AJB replied on 10/10/2017 18:58

Posted on 10/10/2017 18:58

Hi Mickysf.

Yes a bit of expense - but we needed a new wok anyway, so a trip to The Range found a wok and 18cm pan for around £24 so not too bad.

Yes - its Toby, definitely male, he's a 10-year old standard who goes everywhere with us.  He can be found in Lincoln on a very regular basis!  He travels to Spain with us too for a welcome 'warm-up' in March!! 

btw, Lidl also have some very smart glass-topped aluminium patio tables (70cm dia) for a fiver...but definitely too heavy for travelling.

Pippah45 replied on 11/10/2017 11:46

Posted on 11/10/2017 11:46

St Marks? Is that a new Lidl?  And bother as I was in Lincoln yesterday and my single induction died a while ago! 

AJB replied on 12/10/2017 20:10

Posted on 12/10/2017 20:10

Actually it's an 'old' Lidl store. St Marks extends from the High Street (Argos is on the site of the old St Marks station) through to the retail park at the end of Tritton Road (see sculpture in tribute to the tank).

The Lidl Outlet store is between Homebase and Topps Tiles!

They had quite a large stack of them on Tuesday.....good luck!

Pippah45 replied on 13/10/2017 09:00

Posted on 13/10/2017 09:00

Oh THAT one I thought it had closed and gone to Dixon Street?  Am I imagining that as I am sure I parked up and then found it was closed a few years ago?  And looking at a minute map of St Mark's I didn't see it there - but I shall look although probably too late now - never mind I have so many options for cooking!  My nearest is the Carlton Centre one and I am looking forward to the new one there. 

AJB replied on 13/10/2017 18:02

Posted on 13/10/2017 18:02

Yes to all....

The current store list in Lincoln is Dixon Street, Newark Road (North Hykeham) and off Outer Circle Road (Carlton centre?) - but they are all normal Lidl stores.  The one in St Marks was once the same...but has now re-opened and only sells the 'leftovers' of promotional sales and special offers, albeit not in ones or twos!  It's worth popping in if you are nearby. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook