Awning Light

Philpatton1977 replied on 03/05/2017 21:05

Posted on 03/05/2017 21:05

I was looking for a new awning light to go into our Kampa inflatable awning and I was shocked to see how expensive these were. The 'proper' Kampa LED strip light is £40 for the starter unit and then a further £30 for an extension. This struck me as rather expensive (£70!!!) for some LED lights. I then looked on Amazon and found 5m of LED dimmable water proof led strip for 15pounds with transformer, remote control and everything you need to make the led's light up. As the LED's are mounted on adhesive tape, I obtained a 1.5m long piece of plastic conduct and stuck the LED strip onto the conduit and made myself a very controllable, bright, cheap awning light. This is significantly cheaper than Kampa original LED lights and will do the job just as well.

I thought I would share this with others as I'm sure others would baulk at paying so much for a simple light.

Phil

IanTG replied on 04/05/2017 16:50

Posted on 04/05/2017 16:50

I too improvised, albeit not as cost-effectively as you.

I bought from Aldi a LED strip inspection lamp. It is actually two, which can be used as 2 separate lamps, or joined together as one. In the joined state, and using their hooks, they are just the right size to hang between two rings in my Kampa Air awning. Being rechargeable, there are no leads dangling, and I can simply take down to recharge during the day.

as inspection lamps, they have angleable stands, and magnetic ends.

Cost £24, still loads cheaper than the proper job, and more useable for a variety of other purposes, at home or with caravan. I think there may still be stock in some Aldi branches.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook