waterpump

penguinpete replied on 21/05/2017 18:29

Posted on 21/05/2017 18:29

Hi guys don't know if anyone can help me, i went out for three days this week in my compass rallye that's 14 months old ( but only been used 4 times as house move last year} got to site everything good then day two external pump wouldn't work to fill internal tank, there seems to be a bit of a lump when switching over the switch although there is a green light flashing light on the in side were the pump plugs in, can anyone help as in dire straights as going away again next week end.

Peter L 

JVB66 replied on 21/05/2017 21:43

Posted on 21/05/2017 21:43

Air lock? always unclip from inlet,then put pump into full water container and then put inlet connector into housing,that way air is released 

Jazzybaby replied on 22/05/2017 13:46

Posted on 22/05/2017 13:46

Hi penquinpete, If you have the handbook it should give you instructions on how to prime the water pump (green light I presume is under the bench seat?)  We had similar issues once when the pump wouldn't stop running and priming the system again worked  and once when scalding hot water was spluttering out of the shower, if you haven't got a handbook I can dig mine out when I get home tonight. Its just a case of pressing the flashing light,  and running taps in some sequence or other.

Wildwood replied on 22/05/2017 15:37

Posted on 22/05/2017 15:37

The other alternative might be the pressure switch. This is a small ,usually white, knob on top of a valve near the water inlet, in the front locker. If priming does not work then try turning this slowly to adjust the pressure and see if this helps.

If that does not work then borrowing a pump from another caravan might check if it is the pump that is simply broken.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook