Water leaks 😂.

Frankbrownlee74 replied on 27/09/2017 22:12

Posted on 27/09/2017 22:12

Good evening every body, i am a new to the caravaning world & would appreciate some advice.

I have a elderly caravan & have done a couple of trips with no issue's. Last outing though she sprung a couple of leaks on the plastic piping  leading directly onto taps in bathroom.

They look to be a tapered fittings i was thinking on using the bonding glue  used on external waste pipe any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks Frank.

NickyKnix replied on 28/09/2017 11:48

Posted on 28/09/2017 11:48

Hi there Frank and HB,

As Members, you are more that welcome to call our Technical Advice Team.

I'm sure they will have lots of advice for you in relation to nasty leaks.  cry

The number is on the back or your Membership cards, should you need it.

Frankbrownlee74 replied on 30/09/2017 07:54

Posted on 28/09/2017 09:01 by H B Watson

I'm not saying don't use glue, but would a jubilee clip not do the job?

Posted on 30/09/2017 07:54

I would normally but its on the hard water pipes after the hose. I'm worried as she's a 1991 model they will be brittle & ill end up in a worst situation than i am now..😂 thanks for replie & interest, no body has screamed don't bond them so guess what i'll be doing later on today.... ? Thank you.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook