Water into tank under bed

Rookie 1 replied on 09/07/2021 14:12

Posted on 09/07/2021 14:12

I have a water tank under the caravan bed but the aqua roll is heavy to pour in via the funnel and hold at the same time 

what could I use to maybe attach a pipe onto the Aqua roll and than just pour into the tank 

Rookie 1 replied on 09/07/2021 14:22

Posted on 09/07/2021 14:22

When I posted that I did actually think about a couple of cans of no other options I’ll do that 

thanks jvb66

Bakers2 replied on 09/07/2021 14:30

Posted on 09/07/2021 14:30

Could be filled with a hose pipe and topped up with a watering can?

Nit sure how you'd get on using a hose pipe of club site  unless yiu have a service pitch. Too heavy to tow filling it before 😱.

I believe you can get a pump that would pump it in from the aquarol ??

richardandros replied on 09/07/2021 15:07

Posted on 09/07/2021 15:07

Without knowing exactly how your water system works, it's difficult to advise precisely as to the best way to overcome your problem - but in principle, there is no reason why your existing aquaroll pump shouldn't be able to fill the on-board tank via a diverter valve.  Our previous Bailey had this system - but it is essential that the on-board tank has an overflow pipe (through the floor) - so that you know when to switch the valve back without flooding the caravan!

Our present Knaus has a different system in that all of our water comes from the inboard tank and therefore it has its own pump to supply water around the van. It's filled by the aquaroll pump which is controlled by a float switch in the inboard tank.  So that tank is always full as long as there is water in the aquaroll.  It would be quite an easy DIY job to install such a system in your van. 

Burgundy replied on 09/07/2021 15:12

Posted on 09/07/2021 15:12

for sale on ebay ;- search for - "Caravan toilet flush tank filler pump"

just need somewhere to connect 12v supply, looks like cigarette lighter type plug

Graydjames replied on 09/07/2021 15:16

Posted on 09/07/2021 15:16

I use a 12 volt submersible pump to fill my tank from an Aquaroll. However, this makes use of a 12 volt socket next to the filler cap on the side of my van. I gather you are a caravanner, but with an on board tank; so presumably no 12 volt socket?  

Maybe you could fit one - that is beyond my pay grade, but I am betting there are people who will tell you it is not difficult!  

My old van did not have a 12 volt socket so I used to use a 10 litre watering can to keep my tank topped up having firstly filled it at the motorhome service point. For you I think maybe the watering can is the better option (although I am a bit hazy as to why you would need two unless you are just trying to reduce the number of trips to a tap)! 

[Edit written before seeing last post above. Maybe that's your answer if you can plug into cigarette lighter (though you might need a long lead)]

Rookie 1 replied on 09/07/2021 15:18

Posted on 09/07/2021 15:18

The caravan is a Cristal moorea from overseas 

it has a similar tank beneath the bed that is pumped to shower and sink 

an£ 8 think the water unit to heat is is called a trauma 

Graydjames replied on 09/07/2021 15:19

Posted on 09/07/2021 15:18 by Rookie 1

The caravan is a Cristal moorea from overseas 

it has a similar tank beneath the bed that is pumped to shower and sink 

an£ 8 think the water unit to heat is is called a trauma 

Posted on 09/07/2021 15:19

Truma presumably though Trauma may not be wholly inappropriate!  wink smile

Lukeledge replied on 14/08/2021 14:06

Posted on 14/08/2021 14:06

I bought a cheap caravan submersible pump and wired it to a 12v cigarette lighter plug and a long enough bit of hose to reach from an Aquaroll to the filler hole of our motorhome water tank - just  plug in and transfer the water.

Have only needed it when we have been at festivals and using  the shower in the MH - tank only lasts a couple of days then!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook