Urgent! I need a shower!

Catsize replied on 16/09/2017 08:03

Posted on 16/09/2017 08:03

Hello,

We have a Compass Corona 576 with an Alde heating system. 

Currently without EHU. 

How do we get hot water please? Guessing we need to do something to the control panel. Does the gas symbol need to be blue or green? Tried both without success  it's on 'priority gas' obviously. 

We had a night at a Dutch service station recently and couldn't get hot water (braved a cold shower!) but it worked when hooked up to electricity at the next site. 

I'm sure it's something very obvious - so obvious that I can't find other posts! 

Thank you so much  

Yours,

Grubby Catsize and family. 

SteveL replied on 16/09/2017 08:29

Posted on 16/09/2017 08:29

Ours is the earlier version of the Alde, just black and white . On that when the gas symbol is highlighted it tells you if it is off or on.

However, this means nothing if it is turned off at the isolation tap. We have several in our van for the various gas appliances. Have you checked to see if the Alde one is on.

Catsize replied on 16/09/2017 08:40

Posted on 16/09/2017 08:40

Thanks for your reply SteveL.

By sheer fluke, we have success. There is a symbol that was a blue shower symbol with a cross through it. By pressing it and changing that to a green shower symbol with a cross through it, we have hot water. 

I don't pretend to understand this. Just glad to have hot water! 

Boff replied on 16/09/2017 08:58

Posted on 16/09/2017 08:58

The symbol described switches of the hot water as you found out switches off the hot water. If you are on gas then it saves some.   If it helps we have got Alde set up as follows.  Priority power source set to prioritise electricity over gas and it set up so the overnight setting is used with the water heating set to off.  So even like know when we don't have ehu it will look for electric but as there isn't any uses the gas.  Also there in the settings there is a symbol like a wedge this will boost the hot water, which is handy if a couple of you want a shower.  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook