Truma Ultrastore Water Heater failure

Rosie Rabbit replied on 03/08/2017 12:37

Posted on 03/08/2017 12:37

I am currently on a CL site no electric. Been using gas to heat my water, all fine until this morning. The red failure light keeps coming on - tank is full, no airlock and gas works OK everywhere else.

Am in a panic as I can't take it in anywhere as I am full time now in caravan for next year.

Do people come out and repair? Anybody any ideas as to what might be wrong? I have a Abbey Freestyle 470 SE 2001.

Bakers2 replied on 03/08/2017 14:02

Posted on 03/08/2017 14:02

This appears twice in latest discussions and I answered very soon after posting. Both come up with 0 replies 😤.

I'll report this after I've replied. 

Yes there are mobile repairers try googling for the area you're in. If you post where you are in the country and this site works 😉 you may get some recommendations. 

Good luck.

Vicmallows replied on 03/08/2017 14:45

Posted on 03/08/2017 14:45

Is it very windy where you are? (it certainly is here in East Hampshire!). I have experienced a problem occasionally. in some  windy conditions where the heater would initially light, but then then get a failure light after a random period.  Usually if the flame gets blown out it will automatically try to relight, but if it cannot achieve this in a number of seconds (due to the wind) it will lock out with the red light.

A wind-break around the flue (not too close!) has always solved it for me

Rosie Rabbit replied on 03/08/2017 15:40

Posted on 03/08/2017 15:40

Mega windy all day!!! Thank you very much to the person who gave S & G Caravan Services details. They were very near me when I called and have just been to see it. A wire was loose and they thought it was wind as well and possibly a short with the solar panel (for which they recommend disconnecting and reconnecting). The man got his partner to stand in front of the flue as a sort of windbreak (spot on VicMallows) and he retried it and it is working!

A nominal fee and two chaps who know their stuff. Really pleased and thanks again to everyone here and i haven't a clue as to how there are 2 identical posts.

Linda xx

Bakers2 replied on 03/08/2017 17:39

Posted on 03/08/2017 17:39

As threatened I did report this thread and lack of replies after I'd added one.

Glad you've got it sorted but there must be posts missing cos I can't find the one suggesting the mobile people you had out.

One day these vagaries will all be a distant memory. Will we still be here to witness it??

Bakers2 replied on 03/08/2017 17:41

Posted on 03/08/2017 17:41

Don't think it was anything you did both posts give same date and time of posting. You are not alone with this issue! It used to happen within threads bit that seems to have been solved. 

commeyras replied on 03/08/2017 18:07

Posted on 03/08/2017 18:07

Glad I could help.  S&G service my caravan and I am happy to give them a plug - but they are very busy.

Yes, something wrong with these posts as I could not find my post.  Come on IT people sort this oit.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook