Sprite Continental 450 - where is the VIN?

PeterT7 replied on 10/09/2016 15:31

Posted on 10/09/2016 15:31

I have just joined the club, but the only way to complete registration was to claim that I do not have a caravan. I actually own a Sprite Continental 450, but all my efforts to enter the VIN were thwarted.

I first tried all my paperwork, where the user manual mentions 1991 in the title. I then looked in the front storage locker, around the A-frame and around the door entrance.

I did find a number engraved on a couple of windows but, entering it, I was told it was invalid. That is either an eight-digit VIN, with the three '8's looking strange, with the numbers being split into two parts. So I decided these may just be separators and so tried entering a five-digit number instead.

Can anybody help? Thanks.

rjb replied on 10/09/2016 15:57

Posted on 10/09/2016 15:57

Take the A frame cover off it may be on chassis under the cover it's only held on with a couple of self tappers

PeterT7 replied on 10/09/2016 21:25

Posted on 10/09/2016 21:25

Self tappers? I'm guessing I'd need replacement 'tappers' plus a tool to fit them. Then I would probably make a big mess and have to spend time and money to get someone to fix it.

Okay, I'll just leave it until I get the caravan serviced. At least I now know. Thanks for the comment.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook