Selecting an Alko type stabiliser

ScreenName5BE828D4A0 replied on 13/09/2020 20:01

Posted on 13/09/2020 20:01

I recently purchased a 1997 Avondale Mayfly, fitted with the old type lift handle and blade type stabiliser. On taking it for its first run today i noted that the blade kept popping out of its position on the caravan towing bracket. Is this likely because i fitted it wrongly- although i can't see where i went wrong. Should i decide to swap the towing hitch to an Alko type to get rid of this issue, what is the best type for a 2 berth Mayfly? is it worth the costs swapping? Advice welcome. Thanks'. Mark

JVB66 replied on 14/09/2020 10:17

Posted on 14/09/2020 10:17

When we had the blade type stabiliser it needed to be under tension on the bracket otherwise it at times pop out of the caravan A frame mounted bracket 

I think most caravans fitted with the alko hitch head are the same with a 100kg max nose weight limit

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook