Seasonal Pitch - Water supply

kickingk replied on 04/09/2017 14:13

Posted on 04/09/2017 14:13

We have our new van on a seasonal pitch but we are relative newbies. The water supply is mains fed into an aquaroll (hope that makes sense)

We tend to use the van every couple of weeks, but I'm not sure about what to do with the water supply? Do we leave it connected to the mains and leave the aquaroll "full" or should we be disconnecting and emptying the aquaroll before we leave? Should we be cleaning the system out each time we use it?

Sorry if its a daft question?

NevChap replied on 04/09/2017 14:44

Posted on 04/09/2017 14:44

I would definitely remove the water inlet to the caravan, empty the aquaroll and disconnect the water supply. It is not a long job to set it up again when you return and in most cases the site would expect everything to be disconnected. As for cleaning the aquaroll, I would leave that as a 'once a season' job. 

Tinwheeler replied on 04/09/2017 14:58

Posted on 04/09/2017 14:58

I agree with Nev.

You wouldn't want to be using water that's stood around in the Aquaroll for two weeks gathering bugs.

Cornersteady replied on 04/09/2017 15:49

Posted on 04/09/2017 15:49

Agree. I assume you mean you use an aquaroll float side fitted thing? There is an other method that uses a water pressure reducer value adaptor which plugs straight in to your caravan inlet which may be quicker each time to set up and no need for the aqua roll at all.

Btw we use bottled water to brush teeth and eat with. Just a personal preference 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook