Peugeot Symbol 2000...help!

Hippychick7 replied on 10/06/2019 21:45

Posted on 10/06/2019 21:45

We have bought a  Peugeot symbol 2000, we have the book but I can't make sense of it....where is the water pump located usually? And how do you wash out the water tanks? i have many questions if anyone has experience of this year and model, would be so grateful for help! I have been told not to operate the water heater unless it is filled....how do you know? Dying to get started but don't want to break it!

peedee replied on 11/06/2019 08:10

Posted on 11/06/2019 08:10

I don't know your model and you don't say what model your water heater is. However the first thing to do is to fill your main water tank, switch on the pump on the control panel and open the hot water tap. This allows air in the hot water system to be expelled and only when water is free flowing should you close the tap and switch on the hot water heater.

I am not in favour of cleaning water tanks, I think it risks damaging parts in the water system. We boil all water from the tanks and keep drinking water, fresh from an external source in a 2 litre container in the fridge.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook