Out of gas?

johnthomo replied on 02/01/2019 15:07

Posted on 02/01/2019 15:07

Happy New Year all.

Another novice question please. My Motorhome is in storage and after a flat battery issue has been resolved, I've been to visit it every week as it's only a 10 minute walk away.

This morning, I tried to put the heating on and got a 'Gas Failure' message on the display panel. However, I'm not too sure if I've simply run out of gas or it's a more serious issue. I've rung the dealer where I bought the MH from and their 'Technical' department aren't back at work until next week.

I've attached some pictures showing 3 valves and If I'm reading them correctly, I've simply run out.

Your more experienced opinions would be much appreciated.

replied on 02/01/2019 15:23

Posted on 02/01/2019 15:23

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

johnthomo replied on 02/01/2019 15:30

Posted on 02/01/2019 15:30

Many thanks for your comments. The cylinders are both turned on. The fridge if off and it's a Rapido 665F with Alde heating.

replied on 02/01/2019 15:55

Posted on 02/01/2019 15:55

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

young thomas replied on 02/01/2019 17:34

Posted on 02/01/2019 17:34

agree with all the above, but I would start by checking a gas hob burner.

if not ok, then likely to be the regulator or some other feed issue. remember, it can take a while for the gas to come through if it's been turned off.

if hob ok, then try fridge as above....if this doesn't work I'd be surprised.

if hob and fridge are ok but heating not, then might be an error in the ALDE heating system...as presumably this is where the error is showing?

Graydjames replied on 02/01/2019 17:42

Posted on 02/01/2019 17:42

I have no experience of your type of gas cylinders so cannot comment on the gas situation from the pictures. But I assume you must have a gas hob so, unless I am missing something, that is surely the quickest way to see if you have any gas.

If you have gas, one possibility is a problem I have experienced that I thought might be just worth mentioning. With my Alde heating, when it is first switched on following a long period of not being in use, it tends to fail. This is caused by a sticking fan and evidently it is a common problem. On my system it just indicates that the heating has failed with a red light but does not give any reason. Your display panel might give more information which rules out this possibility - I don't know.

Switching off and starting the heating up again usually clears the problem. It may be no help but it's just a thought.

Graydjames replied on 02/01/2019 17:43

Posted on 02/01/2019 17:43

Sorry Bolero boy just beat me to the gas hob point.

young thomas replied on 03/01/2019 08:27

Posted on 03/01/2019 08:27

yes, alomgside the simple tests outlined above, it's imperative to confirm there is gas in the tank....a quick fill will give a known base to work from.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook