Made It!

Rosie Rabbit replied on 10/07/2017 17:47

Posted on 10/07/2017 17:47

Hitched up and towed the caravan the whole 300 yards from storage to CL site all by myself.

Set up gas with help from a lovely couple (you're right about caravanners, so helpful if they see someone struggling). I could initially smell gas, so my neighbour showed me the trick with the bubbles and there was a seal prob, so we put vaseline on the end and tightened it up and it's been fine.

My neighbour at home helped me with the solar inline connectors (crimping was fun, I know I am sad!) and then when I got the caravan to the site I sat down, cut off the crocodile clips and wired the ends direct to the battery terminals (getting to love wire strippers too!). My leisure battery is now charged right up to about 90% - I've been running the laptop off the charger all afternoon. Then this morning I thought what the heck, let's nail the awning. My neighbour showed me how to thread it onto the rail and about 3 hours later once I'd cracked the ring and clip and the tension strap it was up. Probably not the neatest awning assembly but it's up and has stayed up during a bit of a windy afternoon.

I really would never have got to this point if it hadn't been for all your patience in answering all my many, many daft questions, thank you xxxxxx

Milothedog replied on 10/07/2017 18:16

Posted on 10/07/2017 18:16

Best you sit down and get yourself a nice big G&T or whatever you enjoy and raise a glass to your achievements cool

Enjoy 

Rosie Rabbit replied on 10/07/2017 18:41

Posted on 10/07/2017 18:16 by Milothedog

Best you sit down and get yourself a nice big G&T or whatever you enjoy and raise a glass to your achievements cool

Enjoy 

Posted on 10/07/2017 18:41

Spookily it is G & T! I'm very fond of that laughing

Firedragon replied on 10/07/2017 19:16

Posted on 10/07/2017 19:16

welcome to the family Rosie, now you just have to hope you can remember all the little tricks you will pick up for next time laughing

It will soon become habit this setting up lark wink

Alison

Pippah45 replied on 10/07/2017 20:42

Posted on 10/07/2017 20:42

Well done Rosie I can feel your satisfaction at overcoming the challenges!  Even at my great age etc etc I felt very good when I fixed the Loo with the help from CT of course!  I have never bust mine before!  

Bakers2 replied on 10/07/2017 20:54

Posted on 10/07/2017 20:54

Well done, very satisfying. You'll continue to learn as you go 😉. Now it's time to enjoy the fruits of your labours. Have a lovely time. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook