Insurance after Theft Claim

newbiejono replied on 03/06/2017 18:16

Posted on 03/06/2017 18:16

is it hard to get insurance after a previous theft ? i am buying a new van and was wondering how much money went up if the van was stolen!, it seems most company don't insure after a previous theft claim ?

Appache replied on 03/06/2017 19:45

Posted on 03/06/2017 19:45

We just had our van broken into ...stored in back garden behind 6ft fence and gate. We have Standard Caravan club insurance... had for 40 years.... Be aware when you get insurance as we have just found out.. New for Old only refers to Caravan equipment... This does not cover ELECTRICAL equipment this is only replaced on a wear tear and age ....ie  Devitt said example a kettle valued at £30 that is 4 years old value now £15.!!!!. New for old only on awning and ground sheet...Not TV Kettle Toaster BQ etc. Unbelievable.surprised

replied on 04/06/2017 15:19

Posted on 04/06/2017 15:19

I made a claim many years ago and I am still with the Caravan Club insurance, the only thing you might lose is your no claims bonus. I have to add that the Club's insurance is excellent when it comes to claims.

replied on 06/06/2017 15:40

Posted on 04/06/2017 15:24 by newbiejono

Hi ian, was it a total loss claim ?

Posted on 06/06/2017 15:40

Sorry for getting back late. No, it was damage done to the 'van when the awning got blown over the top. But, it was dealt with very quickly. I did have a total loss claim back in 1980 and that was sorted out, again very quickly.

I know the C&MHC can be more expensive, but I feel it is worth it if something happens.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook