How to transport ebikes when towing a tourer

VanVista replied on 21/08/2023 13:00

Posted on 21/08/2023 13:00

Hi there.  From the early 80's our holidays for 30 years were in touring caravans.  We had many fabulous holidays and often took our ordinary bikes with us as we could lift them onto the bike rack on the roof of the car.  In 2013 we decided to stop touring and bought a static caravan which we have loved for the last 10 years but now are getting the wanderlust feeling again so are selling the static  and we are thinking about either a motorhome or another tourer.  I have to admit my favourite is a tourer but now were in our twilight years we cycle on electric bikes.   

I was wondering if any of you who tow also take electric bikes and if so how to how do you transport them?  Ours weigh 26kg each so we wouldn't be able to lift them and putting them on the room would be impossible.  We do have a towbar bike rack but wouldn't be able to fit it on a towbar if a caravan was already hitched up and they're too big to fit inside the caravan. 

I think the answer is probably that we wouldn't be able to take them with us but that's why I'm asking if any of you have found a solution to this problem.  

Looking forward to hearing any suggestions.  

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook