Help with lounge overhead bulb replacement!

Simon RD replied on 25/08/2022 15:52

Posted on 25/08/2022 15:52

Hello all

Hoping someone can help me please, with what should be a simple job, but I can't see how it's easily done!

I've a 2009 Bessacarr, and one of the rear overhead lounge light bulbs has blown. It's under a plastic cover (same as shown in the stock image attached) but I can't find an easy way to remove it, in order to get at the bulb. 

I'm assuming there are some clips as part of the cover itself, but I can't see how it comes undone. If I force it, I'll break it!!

Anyone know the correct method?

Cheers

Simon

Simon RD replied on 25/08/2022 16:14

Posted on 25/08/2022 16:14

Hi, 

Indeed I have. Trouble is, it's quite a specific 'ask' and with the thousands of generic light and bulb replacement videos, I can't locate one specifically for this query....!

Nowt's straight forward is it! 

jennyc replied on 06/09/2022 05:46

Posted on 06/09/2022 05:46

Although we don’t have exactly the same surround/ light as you, ours is similar in style. In our case the trim latches over another plastic moulding underneath. Pulling the surround outwards should release a latch or two, then moving around will release the rest progressively. But how to pull outwards?

A very quick search online for a ‘Trim removal kit’ will reveal a selection of shaped, mostly plastic, hooks and spatula shaped tools, designed for jobs such as pulling the trim outwards. They mostly cost under £10/ kit, which is hardly a kings ransom. And you’ll have the tools for another job in the future. We’ve got two, a small one and a big one. You need the bigger sizes for your particular trim.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook