Electric mirrors

Bob McNair replied on 09/09/2019 18:42

Posted on 09/09/2019 18:42

Hello again All,

I am considering converting my MB Sprinter side mirrors to electric. Has anyone done this or knows someone who has done it? Or is it even possible? Thank you all.

BlueVanMan replied on 02/11/2019 10:00

Posted on 02/11/2019 10:00

I don't know as regards MB but from experience with SEVELs there are a big variety of mirror variants and quite a complicated electrical connection to the mirror to cover adjustment integrated flasher temperature sensor (in some cases) integrated aerial (in some cases) and motorised retraction if fitted. An OEM mirror for a Citroen Relay can cost upwards of £500 and MB parts are famed for being inexpensive.

As regards the wiring, in build some manufacturers have a lot of wiring built into the loom by default to cover a variety of option choices but others only wire in for the specifics. A good main dealer parts department with the benefit of your VIN number may be able to advise you if it is possible. However sourcing mirrors new may cost a four figure sum so a reputable breaker may be your next option. 

Bob McNair replied on 02/11/2019 22:36

Posted on 02/11/2019 22:36

Thank you BlueVanMan and MollysMummy.

BlueVanMan, did you mean expensive not inexpensive?

MollysMummy, Ah well! I'll just stick with what I've got. They don't need adjusting that often anyway.

BlueVanMan replied on 03/11/2019 05:29

Posted on 02/11/2019 22:36 by Bob McNair

Thank you BlueVanMan and MollysMummy.

BlueVanMan, did you mean expensive not inexpensive?

MollysMummy, Ah well! I'll just stick with what I've got. They don't need adjusting that often anyway.

Posted on 03/11/2019 05:29

sorry I meant expensive but you may already know that they are !laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook