Credit where credit's due for a dealer

Hedgehurst replied on 27/02/2017 13:06

Posted on 27/02/2017 13:06

I  hope naming and praising is OK here. ( I know that naming & shaming is discouraged.)

We bought our lovely little Rapido pop-top from 2000 back at the start of December from BJM Caravans in Bedworth.      https://www.facebook.com/bjmcaravans/

It came with a standard 3 month warranty, and we commented that this, from December,  wouldn't get us much time to use and test it, so Bob Morrison there volunteered to extend the warranty to June.

Independent inspection revealed one or two things needing sorting, like tyres pushing their date, and possible damp needing regular check but thought to be stable.

So Bob cheerfully replaced all three tyres with new ones, and later, when we found a small water ingress, took the van back for some checking and resealing.

Last week I opened the front window to find it de-laminating, which it hadn't done earlier. Shining a torch in the dark showed a line of mastic where it had been repaired before. Back to Bob, who reckoned his engineer would be able to repair that properly. Now he's got in touch to say his engineer reckons such a repair won't last, so he's sending the old window up to Eeco in Halifax area for a new replacement, and also offering to drive up to collect it, in order to have it back in time for our first booked event.

No quibbling anywhere along the way, and every sign of wanting us to end up with a good caravan.

Many thanks to you good people here and on another forum,  who gave us  much experienced advice which helped us to be more confident in our dealings, and I'm sure this has been relevant: it's has been invaluable.

Meanwhile I'm just thinking how nice it is to find a dealer who seems to be so honourable, after all the tales I've read here & elsewhere of dealers ratting on stuff they'd promised.

I'll report back on how it progresses!

replied on 27/02/2017 15:16

Posted on 27/02/2017 15:16

Indeed, good to read.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook