Computer monitors in caravans

The Steve Barlow replied on 19/03/2019 16:56

Posted on 19/03/2019 16:56

Hi, my little dream is to go of a wondering in my caravan & taking my office with me! I've searched but I haven't found any information on hanging PC monitors somewhere within a caravan.

Ideally I'd like something that is in place all the time, ready to go & thus secure whilst driving.

I use a 3 monitor system at home & want to bring this set up along with me.

Does anyone have any useful links relating to this?

Thanks in advance.

Cornersteady replied on 19/03/2019 17:48

Posted on 19/03/2019 17:48

wow interesting question. I have a large van but can't think of enough space anywhere to position three monitors let alone enough space to hang them on.

If I had to do it I'd combine them on a single rack then position them on a table when needed store them on a bed when towing.

JVB66 replied on 19/03/2019 17:53

Posted on 19/03/2019 17:53

That would be an "interesting" set up in any LV let alone finding any where with enough line speed to operate itwink

Tinwheeler replied on 19/03/2019 18:29

Posted on 19/03/2019 18:29

I can’t think of a van with enough furniture to fix the monitors to or enough space to set them up. 

I have to say it’s a tad way out.

young thomas replied on 19/03/2019 18:32

Posted on 19/03/2019 18:32

I guess if it's for business you might have a 4g contract with loads of data so wifi not an issue...?

we have a TV screen in the lounge which slides out (and down) from a built in cupboard...this has many connections and could easily be rigged to a PC (although this extra 'box' would be awkward to store safely..) or better a laptop...

we also have a 2nd TV screen on the wall at the foot of the bed...

both are linked to a satellite system so either could be connected to the master laptop if needed...

the tricky bit is having more than one screen in front of you at the same time if that's what's required...

it can certainly be done but three screens is a big ask...

any way of using perhaps one screen or one linked to a laptop and a seperate iPad alongside?

Oneputt replied on 19/03/2019 19:08

Posted on 19/03/2019 19:08

Forgive my ignorance in these things but can’t you get multi split screenTV’s, as seen on ferry’s for example.  With the right connectors you should be able to rig something up.

brue replied on 19/03/2019 19:56

Posted on 19/03/2019 19:56

I presume you could use a 3 monitor stand or wall attachment but everything depends on where you can attach it and that depends on the space in an individual van?

Hedgehurst replied on 19/03/2019 20:52

Posted on 19/03/2019 20:52

... or buy one of those mega bus sized luxury mobile homes - two parked near us in France last year, and I'm half persuaded the living area was bigger than that some houses. I suspect our entire caravan could have been loaded into it and they'd still have room to live in comfort - probably fit the car in there with it....

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook