Club site awards

gatewaya89 replied on 24/09/2018 12:48

Posted on 24/09/2018 12:48

Hi All

Can anyone member on this forum please tell us which club sites in the UK as a whole have won and have been presented with a 2018 award? or 2017 or even 2016? as we would love to try them out!, or is everyone going to say awards don't count including AA  or Top 100 site finalist etc? we await the long list with anticipation

Just our opinion and question folks don't wish to upset anyone on here!

Tinwheeler replied on 24/09/2018 13:45

Posted on 24/09/2018 13:45

I’ve no idea and, personally, I don’t really care. 

What does an award mean? To my mind it just means somebody has judged a site to be good using criteria that could well be a light year away from my idea of good. 

With a few exceptions, such as racecourse sites, Club sites are of a standard, so you pretty much know what you're going to find.

Try a few and see what you think, Gateway. 

gatewaya89 replied on 24/09/2018 14:13

Posted on 24/09/2018 14:13

Hi Tinwheeler

What we are after finding out has any of the club sites been awarded anything for what they are? Like for instance best club site in the UK 2018 or AA 5 star site or Tourist board awards  or practical caravan award 2018 or before! in fact again we ask the question has any club site been awarded anything? we would love to know as other sites in the UK have and Yes we have tried them to find out why they win these awards! Or is this club to select to even think they should enter such awards?

Don't think you have quite answered what was being asked however but thank you for your opinion but that is only your opinion! and if possible we would like some straight answers to the questions rather than opinions although everyone is entitle to theirs!

As we said we don't wish to upset any member! but would still like either a simple Yes or No! and what award was given in what year if anyone knows?

As an established member don't you feel all the newbies may benefit from such knowledge rather than just members opinions?

Its a simple question being asked it just requires a simple straight froward answer which would be really appreciated but again thank you for your opinion on the matter

huskydog replied on 24/09/2018 14:18

Posted on 24/09/2018 14:18

gateway , click the "whats on" at the top of this page , then click on "club awards"…...might be of help 

Tinwheeler replied on 24/09/2018 14:32

Posted on 24/09/2018 14:32

"Don't think you have quite answered what was being asked however but thank you for your opinion but that is only your opinion! and if possible we would like some straight answers to the questions rather than opinions although everyone is entitle to theirs!"

I don’t think you really asked what you wanted to know, Gateway.

Yes, that’s my opinion/view and it’s quite clear.

Reading your various posts, I'm starting to wonder if you have some hidden agenda or are on a mission of some sort. What exactly do you want from this club you have chosen to join of your own free will? I’m very puzzled by it all.

gatewaya89 replied on 24/09/2018 14:33

Posted on 24/09/2018 14:33

Hi Huskydog

Have checked that out and that's great if you are doing your own judging but best site in bloom or best tow car or even best CL site etc isn't really the awards we were looking for as these are judged by the members?we are looking for more like independent awards not judged by club members (if we have any?) but judged by independents outside the club and purely based on club sites and facilities would be great?, although whats there is fine for members but we would like to hear about the AA Star rating or RAC if they do one? and Practical caravan award? or tourist board awards? would be much more helpful as these are more independent of club.

Thanks for input though lets hope someone else knows of some independent awards which the club sites only have been judged and have been awarded a bit like if you want to stay in a 5 start hotel you would seek out loads of reviews and perhaps chose those with the most ratings and best reviews? or perhaps you want to eat in a great restaurant again you would seek out a good food guide and award etc? Or even if you wanted to know what the best TV was perhaps you would check out "Which" again independent of all just good old fashion honest comments which you may chose to consider or not as the case maybe!

Surely we must have some as we are a very large club and having been around for a few years now?

Tinwheeler replied on 24/09/2018 14:36

Posted on 24/09/2018 14:36

Why not ask the club rather than the members, Gateway? Obviously that wouldn’t give you the opportunity to make whatever point it is you’re trying to state.

gatewaya89 replied on 24/09/2018 14:41

Posted on 24/09/2018 14:41

Hi Tinwheeler

Why does asking a very simple question to be read by all be come an as you put it "agenda or Mission"

There is no underlying agenda or conspiracy! Just an answer to a very simple plainly written question has this club ever had any been awarded any of the current awards mentioned on previous post?

Please not try to deflect the question just a simple Yes or No would be great and if Yes which ones and when?

Have we made this plain enough for all to consider and reply please without wishing to upset or annoy anyone but we were asked to start this thread by a club member elsewhere which we have done!

Thank you all for your replies

gatewaya89 replied on 24/09/2018 14:47

Posted on 24/09/2018 14:47

Hi Tinwheeler

This is a forum which all members can use we believe and that is exactly what we would like all members to let us know if they know of any and perhaps if there are none perhaps we could move forward!

In answer to why not ask the club! well that is what we are doing on this forum! we are asking CLUB members not the powers that be what awards there are aware and they are aware of if any? 

Again simple answer but we thank you kindly for your opinion/views

But online perhaps you should check out these?

https://www.theaa.com/hospitality-awards/news/caravan-and-camping-awards-2018

https://www.practicalcaravan.com/top100-2018

Tinwheeler replied on 24/09/2018 14:55

Posted on 24/09/2018 14:41 by gatewaya89

Hi Tinwheeler

Why does asking a very simple question to be read by all be come an as you put it "agenda"

There is no underlying agenda or conspiracy! Just an answer to a very simple plainly written question has this club ever had any been awarded any of the current awards mentioned on previous post?

Please not try to deflect the question just a simple Yes or No would be great and if Yes which ones and when?

Have we made this plain enough for all to consider and reply please without wishing to upset or annoy anyone but we were asked to start this thread by a club member elsewhere which we have done!

Thank you all for your replies

Posted on 24/09/2018 14:55

See my other post immediately above yours. That is where you will get your answer - the club.

I believe it was suggested you start another thread because you were way off topic in the overseas section.

To my mind, your style of posting tends to be elusive and suggests undercurrents, hence 'agenda'.

You have my opinion and my advice on finding the answer to your question.

Tinwheeler replied on 24/09/2018 14:59

Posted on 24/09/2018 14:47 by gatewaya89

Hi Tinwheeler

This is a forum which all members can use we believe and that is exactly what we would like all members to let us know if they know of any and perhaps if there are none perhaps we could move forward!

In answer to why not ask the club! well that is what we are doing on this forum! we are asking CLUB members not the powers that be what awards there are aware and they are aware of if any? 

Again simple answer but we thank you kindly for your opinion/views

Posted on 24/09/2018 14:59

Gateway, I made the point to you some months ago that only a small proportion of the club membership use this forum. You are not reaching "all members" and neither are you reaching the club itself.

If you truly want the answer to your question, rather than using it as a means of debate, go to those who know.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook